KLA Corporation, a leading provider of process control and yield management solutions, partners with customers around the world to develop state-of-the-art inspection and metrology technologies. These technologies serve the semiconductor, data storage, LED, and other related nanoelectronics industries. With a portfolio of industry-standard products and a team of world-class engineers and scientists, the company has created superior solutions for its customers for more than 35 years. Headquartered in Milpitas, Calif., KLA has dedicated customer operations and service centers around the world. Additional information may be found at www.kla-tencor.com.
Human Resources partners with management to attract, develop, engage and retain highly qualified people globally to meet the business’ needs. HR is responsible for designing and implementing the company’s talent management tools and processes, and for delivering consultative services to management in support of talent decisions. Our primary areas of strategic focus include: Talent Acquisition, Individual and Organizational Assessment and Development, Performance Management, Inclusion and Engagement, and Rewards.
KLA is looking for two high-energy and learned HR interns for some exciting projects this coming summer at our new second HQ location at Ann Arbor, Michigan!
This position delivers high quality analysis, problem solving, and human capital management recommendations to HR leaders at KLA while participating in the execution of corporate level project(s). The individual in this role will assume responsibility for all or part of a major HR project in alignment with HR strategic and/or operational goals and will interact with both the corporate team to which they are assigned and the greater HR community to complete the assigned project(s).
Potential project topics could include the following:
- Developing manager skills
- Mapping external suite of competencies with internal customer feedback to create manager training and effective coaching relationships.
- Career path for technical resources
- Research on trends for career growth and development, especially in flat, nimble engineering organizations.
- Provide recommendations on how KLA should articulate career expectations at time of hiring and for existing ees, what skills it should develop in its different employee segments (early career, mid-career, senior), how it should incent engineering top talent looking for growth, and how to manage their performance, goals and objectives within PMP.
- Job leveling
- Comparing benefits of job levels vs. grades for executing talent management initiatives.
- Work with the KLA compensation team on execution of job levelling as a talent initiative.
- Knowledge retention for succession
- Creating a supportive environment to collect and retain institutional knowledge and expertise during planned transition
- Transition to different roles, or planned exits from the company, create knowledge gaps that can hinder succession plans and productivity
- Examining knowledge and skills that are most prone to be lost, and recommend actions to retain the same
- Future of work trends
- Making KLA an attractive place to work by adopting technological, economic and sociological trends in the workforce and work habits, including Covid related adjustments.
- Reviewing emerging trends in talent management
- Examining their applicability in KLA’s culture and industry
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Ability to apply concepts and theories from behavioral and management sciences to achieve organizational capability and competitive advantage
- Strong consultative and relationship building skills
- Superior written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; team player; customer and results oriented; positive influencing skills
- Must demonstrate perseverance, team work
- Ability to work collaboratively across the business units and corporate functions and partner with individuals across different geographies, as needed
- Curiosity about how the different parts of a business works
- Currently enrolled in 2 year graduate program in HR/OD with immigration authorization to undertake corporate internship projects.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.