Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
The Surfscan group includes a team of engineers, technology development, apps engineers and product marketing focused on technology that enables wafer, IC and equipment manufacturers to develop, qualify and monitor their process tools. Defects and process non-uniformities detected on Surfscan equipment allow for early identification of yield excursions.
The flagship Surfscan products include the SPx platforms for wafer surface quality and wafer defect inspection tools and systems for inspection of polished wafers, epi wafers and engineered substrates during the wafer fabrication process.
- Understand and make design and architectural improvements on existing software
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Ensuring that detailed designs, code, and unit tests, are consistent, robust, future-proof and scalable.
- In conjunction with the Technical Manager, identify, highlight, review and mitigate technical risks
- Must be able to interact and communicate with all levels of staff and project management in both the business and the technical areas, with the ability to keep discussions at the appropriate level of abstraction.
- Possess excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational, interpersonal, and motivational skills, with the ability to move cleanly from theoretical to implementation thinking.
- Excellent communication, inter-personnel skills and team co-ordination skills
- Willingness to travel to US and other customer places on short assignments
- Providing technical expertise to the estimation process as input to the project plan
- Provide Technical assessment of the impact of any changes to product requirements
- Participate in requirements definition and review process.
- Acquire knowledge of key use cases in Bare wafer inspection (IC & Wafer customers)
- Thorough knowledge of SDLC and Software Engineering Principles
Minimum 5 to 12 years of experience in Software Development - Strong academics in BE / B Tech / MTech / MCA / MS (CS/IT)
Other Technical Requirements:
- Diverse Experience in OO analysis, design, development and unit testing
- Good in programming fundamentals, C++, STL and Boost Library
- Hands-on experience in measuring and optimizing (e.g. via assembly coding, vectorization, SSE or Intel IPP) application performance. Addressing issues that may arise due to I/O, network performance and memory mgmt
- Linux Shell scripting
- Strong Operating System fundamentals - LINUX OS/Kernel Internals
- Knowledge of Socket programming, distributing processing and MPI (message passing interface)
- Good understanding of Parallel Computing concepts using multi-core and GPU.
- Strong Understanding of Linux Performance Profiling and Troubleshooting
- GDB debugging Internals
- Exposure in developing cloud-native applications
- Experience with technologies including Kubernetes, Dockers, containers, virtualization techniques and technologies
- Experience with open-source technologies for Messaging Framework(KAFKA, ActiveMQ or NATS), serialization (binary(protobuf), rpc communication (Corba, grpc)