Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
The RAPID division is the world leading provider of reticle inspection solutions for the semiconductor industry. The company provides inspection solutions to both the mask shops and the semiconductor fabs to ensure that lithography yields are consistently high thus enabling cost-effective manufacturing.
- Perform control simulation to predict system performance and dynamics stability
- Create multi degree-of-freedom electro-mechanical models in Matlab\SIMULINK and performing the corresponding time and frequency domain analysis to characterize performance metrics such as response time, isolation, tracking, damping, or cancellation
- Perform structual simulations, including vibration and modal analysis on parts, subsystems, and systems.
- Troubleshoot vibrations and perform modal analysis on mechanical systems and advise on solutions
- Design mechanical assemblies and test fixtures using Solid Modeling CAD, preferably ProE CREO.
- Design and servo tune multi-axis stages and opto-mechanical systems used in mask inspection machines
- Design, implement and characterize motion control algorithms including, PID, PIV, Pole placement, Input Shaping, LMS, Acceleration and Velocity Feed-forward
- Advanced level of experience in troubleshooting system dynamic and stability issues, including feedback control systems for actuating devices, XYZ stages, and vibration isolation control systems.
- Experience modeling and designing control algos for piezo-electric actuators, linear motors, stepper motors, pneumetic actuators, linear encoders, accelerometers, capacitance probes, laser interferometers, and eddy current sensors
- Advanced level of experience in specifying environmental isolation requirements for semiconductor equipment, specifically sound, floor vibration, impact of atmospheric pressure fluctuations, impact of vacuum pumping systems
- Proven experience in Matlab\SIMULINK, or equivalent
- Ability to work efficiently with others in multi-disciplined team, including programmers, algo, Finite Element analysts, mechanical and electronic design engineers, to advance hardware capabilities, or troubleshoot hardware issues.
- Ability to lead supporting engineers and external resources through a data acquisition or a motion control project, from requirements documentation, through hardware selection, hardware and software implementation, and the subsequent system integration and tests.
- Doctorate (Academic) with at least 5 years of experience OR
- Master's Level Degree with at least 6 years of experience OR
- Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 7 years of experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.