Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
The RAPID division is the world leading provider of reticle inspection solutions for the semiconductor industry. The company provides inspection solutions to both the mask shops and the semiconductor fabs to ensure that lithography yields are consistently high thus enabling cost-effective manufacturing.
As part of the Product Development Engineering team you play a key role in the design and development of our Inspection and Metrology tools. In your role you will work on the integration, qualification, optimization and testing of an advanced radiation source, collaborating closely with Mechanical design, System Design, Hardware, Optics and SW teams.
Your work involves System design and Integration:
• Analyze customer and system requirements for an advanced radiation source
• Based on requirements, propose potential HW, SW and system solutions and improvements
• Understand, analyze, (re-)define, implement, validate and roll out complex reticle inspection source
• Write software requirement documents and coordinate software development for source testing and qualification
• Challenge existing concepts and drive speed improvement solutions in all engineering fields (optical, mechanical, electrical, pneumatical, software, …)
• Build and test setups for spec validation and critical parameter analysis
• Integrate tested modules/building blocks in the tool and assess the impact of the integration on the overall machine performance
• Test and validate source requirements
• Release the new products to manufacturing and provide procedures and documentation for overall production
As a Product Development Engineer, you will work according to the following core principles:
• Understand the whole problem before you try to solve it
• Translate the problem into measurable requirements
• Examine all feasible alternatives before selecting a solution
• Make sure you consider the total system life cycle. The birth to death concept extends to maintenance, replacement and decommission
• Make sure to test the total system before delivering it.
• Document everything
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.