Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Engineering, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
Responsible for the timely and successful installation of KLA products at customer sites. This primarily includes the scheduling of resources and the management of the overall installation process.
• Directly manages Product Install Engineers that deploy globally for extended periods of time. Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance
• Frequently interacts with subordinates, outside customers and functional peer groups at management levels, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects/schedules, etc.
• Strives to achieve the Strategic Objectives defined by the company: this includes, but is not limited to - Cost of Install, Cost of Pre-warranty, Install Cycletime. On-Time Install, and OOBQ.
• Manages cost through careful resource deployment, Install case management, and cross-charge management.
• Manages escalations during Install activities. Schedules and attends SAMs. Identifies resources and drives POA development across functional groups. Communicates status to all parties and upper management
• Reviews Installation documentation including eQuality checklists, Install procedures, etc.
• Attends meetings, prepares, and presents material that report to management on the state of the business. Presents to Division and Exec Mgmt
• Participates in Product Life Cycle team as a core member, representing Customer Ops for assigned product families.
BS degree with applicable experience.
• 8 + years Experience in supporting comparable capital equipment for the semiconductor industry is required.
• 2+ years as Product Install Manager in a global company preferable.
• Written and oral communication is both clear and concise
• Superior presentation skills.
• Good interpersonal/communication skills in understanding customer needs.