Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Engineering, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
1) Evaluates, analyzes, diagnoses and troubleshoots technical equipment problems related to installation. Can repair issues using standard procedures or innovate to resolve system level problems which can have multiple causes.
2) Troubleshooting and repairs of complex system level problems are based on IE3's technical knowledge, education and training. IE3s seek help from Staff Engrs and Management when problems occur that may exceed knowledge, education and training.
3) Prepares field service reports and daily passdowns on Installation progress and non-conformances. Contributes to post-activity Quality Feedback Report
4) Obtains all necessary international travel documents and manages their personal lives to be ready to travel for extended periods
5) Manages personal finances to prevent disruption to scheduled activities - even when traveling for extended periods.
6) Travels domestically and internationally by commercial transportation to customer sites.
7) Assists junior engineers as necessary. Provides guidance and technical assistance at customer sites. Can develop basic POAs. Provides phone and on-site support for junior engineers
Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience