This job posting is no longer active
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
The Broadband Plasma Division (BBP) provides market-leading patterned wafer optical inspection systems for leading-edge IC manufacturing. Logic, foundry, and memory customers depend on BBP products to detect yield-critical defects for process debug and excursion monitoring at advanced process nodes.
BBP flagship products include the 29xx and 39xx series which leverage Broadband Plasma technology to capture a wide range of defects with ultimate sensitivity at the optical inspection speeds needed for inline defect monitoring.
Based in Shanghai, China, the Software Engineer will be responsible for
· The candidate is responsible in investigating/developing/improving advanced image processing and machine learning algorithms for wafer inspection. Tasks include: define a problem statement, research academic papers, or based on current algorithms/ investigations to propose potential solutions, prototype the idea (may or may not require working with other team members), conclude feasibility and performance, design product approach, develop and implement the code, test/debug/integrate into product software.
· The candidate is eventually responsible to deliver throughput by working with optimization expert. The candidate should be familiar with performance optimization techniques in algorithm flow level.
· The candidate is responsible to support escalations in house or at customer sites, provide quick turnaround solutions.
· The candidate is responsible to acquire knowledge or of key use cases or discover new use cases for wafer inspection tool from apps, marketing, sometime through customer engagement.
· The candidate will work in a global environment to interact with multi-site (China, USA, India), multi-discipline (SW, Image Computer, system/HW, apps and marketing) team members in various stage of product life cycle for feasibility study, requirement analysis, design, coding, integration and testing.
· The candidate is responsible to follow KT defined software development processes
Master or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Optical Engineering