Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
The RAPID division is the world leading provider of reticle inspection solutions for the semiconductor industry. The company provides inspection solutions to both the mask shops and the semiconductor fabs to ensure that lithography yields are consistently high thus enabling cost-effective manufacturing.
The Manufacturing Design Engineer within the Electronics group will work on problems of diverse scope in support of manufacturing, new production introduction (NPI) and continuous improvement projects (CIP).
- Primary responsibility is to support new production lauch efforts for electronic systems and sub-systems.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining methods, operation sequence and processes in the fabrication of parts, components, subassemblies, and final assemblies. Estimates manufacturing cost, determines time standards, and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines. Configure BOM’s to meet factory requirements.
- Develop the required documentation to support processes and provide training to technicians. Work with technicians to troubleshoot complex issues and provide unambiguous plan of action (POA).
- Execute and refine build sequences specific to elecronics builds, and system integration. Evaluate the manufacturing effectiveness of a build process and implement improvements to meet build cycle times and product design specifications. As required, maintain records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations.
- Test and qualify components of electronics within the e-beam system and sub-systems. Work with suppliers to improve incoming material quality and acceptance.
- Interface with engineering in coordinating the release of new products. Learn and understand the requirements/architecture of next generation subsystems.
- Read and interpret design drawings, schematics, and perform simple updates of models or drawings using computer-aided design (CAD) tools.
- Analyze manufacturing data from eQuality, a manufacturing enterprise software (MES) via statistical process control to drive process, specs and design improvements.
- Interpret and update Gantt charts. Understand basic project planning, dependencies, and milestones.
- Setup and drive small team efforts that address product-level electronic issues (7-Steps, supplier issues, manufacturing escalations, characterization or improvement projects). Follows instructions to resolve difficult issues that may span multiple subsystems or organizations. Able to uncover root cause and to devise solutions for simpler or moderately-difficult problems. Fully understands and applies the 7-Step problem solving method.
Potential travel both domestically and internationally between 25-50% of the time.
- A Bachelor’s degree (required), Master’s degree (desired) in Electrical Engineering. Relevant industry experience a plus.
- Experience with electronic testing practices - board and component testing
- Experience with PCB design and test
- Experience with e-beam microscopes/systems highly desired.
- Semiconductor Equipment experience desired. Experience with high resolution imaging systems a plus.
- Able to communicate effectively with peers, interdisciplinary engineering groups, customers, vendors and across cultures. Able to give effective technical presentations up to the Product Life Cycle (PLC) level. The individual must also be able to effectively communicate with a broad range of people located in the US, Europe and Asia.
- Understanding of system level interactions between optics, electronics and mechanical parts to enable effective problem solving at the system level down to the individual piece part level.
- Able to read technical drawings, understand BOMs, and use a variety of precision testing and measuring instruments.
- Self-driven individual with keen technical ability, systematic approach, detailed-oriented, excellent problem solving skills, positive attitude, and strong team player.
- Has very good problem solving ability through design of experiments and carry out tests to collect and analyze data. Able to apply the 7-Step problem solving method consistently. Has excellent technical writing and documentation skills.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing IT systems (ERP, PLM, CAD, etc) a plus.
- Experience in statistical process control (SPC) is a plus.
Doctorate (Academic)ORMaster's Level Degree with at least 2 years of experience.ORBachelor's Level Degree with at least 3 years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.