Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The Wafer Inspection Division (WIN) is the world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced optical inspection tools for inline monitoring of process defects in advanced semiconductor factories.
- Respond to routine customer requests.
- Provide technical support and execute detailed tool installation/upgrade test plans.
- Perform routine problem diagnosis and problem resolution for wafer characterization at customer site.
- Provide basic operational training to customers.
- Execute project with supervision from manager or project lead.
- Support preparation and demonstration of products to the customer base.
- Upon reaching L2 product certification, assist training activities of new engineers.
- Gather and feedback competitive information (when appropriate and feasible) to region RPM and/or TD.
- Gather gap analysis and fab profile information to region RPM and/or TD.
- Lead small projects.
- Provide support during H2H, collaborations, beta projects, and gap analysis.
- Contribute to wafer test plan development for engagement projects with division.
- Execute detailed customer wafer characterization with minimal supervision.
- Respond to customer requests and perform routine to moderately complex problem diagnosis and problem resolution.
- Document technical solution and create best known methods (BKMs) on supported products.
- Lead preparation and demonstration of products to the customer base.
- Provide advanced operational training to customers.
- MS/BS with 1-3 years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in engineering applications.
- Proficient in computer applications for data presentation and analysis.
- Ability to effectively convey ideas through oral and written communications.
- Proficient in the English language.
- Ability to multitask in a constantly changing work environment.
- Responsible working attitude and should be a team player.
- Good working knowledge (implies understanding as well as the ability to apply theories and concepts in a variety of circumstances) of customer processing knowledge.
- Good working knowledge of various applications.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic customer issues
- Strong communication skills especially technical writing skills.
- IC Fab process development experience is a plus.
- Knowledge in defect detection, metrology, and yield management is a plus.