KLA Corporation, a leading provider of process control and yield management solutions, partners with customers around the world to develop state-of-the-art inspection and metrology technologies. These technologies serve the semiconductor, data storage, LED, and other related nanoelectronics industries. With a portfolio of industry-standard products and a team of world-class engineers and scientists, the company has created superior solutions for its customers for more than 35 years. Headquartered in Milpitas, Calif., KLA has dedicated customer operations and service centers around the world. Additional information may be found at www.kla-tencor.com.
This position will be a member of the Corporate Revenue team reporting directly to a Director of Revenue and will be managing tool and software revenue recognition activities for the company.
- Responsible for all month-end and quarter-end close related activities pertaining to the revenue recognition process for tools and software revenue; including contract review, revenue approval, reporting requirements and audit support.
- Review customer contracts and purchase orders for revenue recognition to ensure compliance with company policies and appropriate revenue recognition standards under ASC 606.
- Prepare Fair Value analysis for multiple element arrangements and volume purchase agreements.
- Prepare quarterly management revenue and analysis reports, account reconciliations, and other reports in support of filings and disclosure requirements.
- Prepare and present company-wide revenue results at quarter end meetings to external auditors.
- Research and write memos on technical revenue recognition accounting topics and their application to the company’s complex revenue transactions when required.
- Be the subject matter revenue expert and provide ongoing guidance and training to cross-functional teams, including divisional finance, business development, sales operations on revenue recognition rules and current best practices.
- Assist with both external audit and internal SOX compliance by maintaining required documentation and assisting in any required testing of the revenue cycle
- Be a key partner in support of a newly implemented ASC 606 revenue accounting system (RAR) and support all changes required to see it to maturity
- Work within core team to continue streamlining efforts to business process, internal controls and system enhancements and evolve them to a scalable, systematic set of procedures
- Seek out process improvement initiatives that increases the efficiency and accuracy of revenue forecasting and the monthly close process
- Some travel may be required for regional training
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA/MBA is a plus.
- At least 5 years of experience with large to medium public company and/or Big 4; High tech industry preferred
- Proficient knowledge of ASC 606, ASC 605, ASC 605-25, ASC 985-605, ASC 606 and other accounting rules relating to revenue recognition and its application to the industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix organization across all levels, including executive management
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication, collaborative and influencing skills.
- Enjoys working in a team environment
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 7 years of experience.ORMaster's Level Degree with at least 6 years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.