Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
KLA has manufacturing sites across the globe, including Belgium, China, Germany, Israel, Singapore and Milpitas (CA). The Global Operations (GOPS) team, comprised of Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Global Logistics, Manufacturing Engineering, Installation, and Quality, is responsible for manufacturing our leading-edge technology. We partner with our world-wide supply base and our design engineering teams to bring new products to market. The GOPS team is continuously working to build our products Better, Faster, Cheaper.
The Global Logistics Operational Compliance Analyst will provide operational compliance expertise and support in the Company’s Global logistics operations to ensure our products ship timely and within regulatory requirements. A broad range of responsibilities in a fast-paced environment will include: Partnering with the internal Global Trade Compliance organization to ensure compliance with relevant customs and export regulations, becoming expert in routine brokerage management, and working cross-functionally on projects across the global KLA network to drive program improvements through information analysis and process management. The individual must have a forward-thinking, strategic vision on how to optimize logistics efficiencies globally while always emphasizing operational compliance. The position requires the ability to interact with internal and external partners at all levels, working externally with 3PLs as well as internally across KLA’s Service and Manufacturing Logistics, Global Trade Compliance (“GTC”), Sales Operating, Legal and Finance functions.
- Experience in international logistics and global trade compliance regulations (import, export and brokerage) and export in operations for the APAC region. Knowledge also of EMEA, Americas logistics and operational trade (import/export) requirements is a big plus.
- Supplier Manager of our Regional 3PL brokerage services and IOR/EOR services.
- Support other regions (EMEA and AMER) in operationalizing export requirements set by GTC, logistics modeling, and international shipping as needed.
- Manage and support various Customs operational programs as needed (e.g. Assists, Duty Drawback, special Customs Duty Avoidance Programs such as Korea and Singapore Free Trade Agreement, VAT recovery)
- Develop and maintain global metrics on shipping activity, brokerage performance, and monitor suppliers on their compliance programs and metrics they report to KLA; track any corrective actions to closure.
- Global responsibility for ensuring the Global logistics operational compliance activities are aligned with corporate standards.
- Work with Regional Logistics Managers to identify operational compliance gaps in the supply chain and make recommendations to organization infrastructure processes
- Keep abreast of latest operational regulations affecting APAC, ex-APAC trade, imports, and exports
- Ensure compliance by 3PLs and 3PR in the creation of Commercial Invoices and other international Export paperwork.
- Act as the point of contact for KLA 3PL partners requiring routine operational import/export assistance from KLA
- Ensure product information (Data Sheets) are properly created per GTC guidelines and supplied to Logistics team and 3PLs for Import or export shipments as needed
- Ensure Product Certifications for EMI and Safety for Korea, Taiwan, Russia and other countries as needed working with GTC & Hardware Engineering team.
- Work with GTC, to provide End-Use Statements for any strategic goods / dual use shipments as required
- Experience in international logistics (transportation, import/export, tax, international banking issues, and contractual implications)
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of relevant experience in export and customs operational compliance roles.
- Experience developing strategic logistics/trade solutions (FTZ’s)
- Experience in working with International brokers assisting with support import/export documentation as needed
- Awareness of Harmonized System and export classification nomenclature.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply regional regulatory requirements into daily business operational activities.
- Extensive knowledge of industry best practices (warehousing / logistics / transportation/import/export/Trade Zones)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; detail oriented; ability to handle multiple tactical and strategic assignment
- Must be fluent in English; Fluency in Mandarin strongly preferred. other languages are a plus
- Ability to work independently
- Awareness and appreciation of different cultures; diplomatic
- Experience with SAP is a plus
- Being a licensed broker is a plus
- Excellent PC / application skills: MS Excel, MS Outlook, Power Point, Visio, etc.
- May involve domestic and international travel
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of experience in international logistics, export & Customs/import roles, or 12+ years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree
- In depth knowledge of, and extensive experience with U.S. and Singapore trade-related requirements; experience with the trade-related regulatory regimes of Israel, China, Korea, Taiwan and Japan.
- Familiarity with the trade compliance regimes of the EU and other European countries preferred.
- Prior experience within a trade compliance team in large, global tech companies a plus.
- Proven track record of surpassing objectives and delivering exceptional results.
- Excellent judgment in solving complex problems and developing solutions.