This job posting is no longer active
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
KLA has manufacturing sites across the globe, including Belgium, China, Germany, Israel, Singapore and Milpitas (CA). The Global Operations (GOPS) team, comprised of Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Installation, and Quality, is responsible for manufacturing our leading-edge technology. We partner with our world-wide supply base and our design engineering teams to bring new products to market. The GOPS team is continuously working to build our products Better, Faster, Cheaper.
- Perform installation of semiconductor capital equipment at customer sites locally and worldwide while ensuring the systems meet specified performance specifications.
- Activities during installation includes but not limited to setup, alignment, calibration, troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing of highly complex capital equipment.
- Understand and troubleshoot problems in software and electronics, optics, mechanical, electro-mechanical and electro-optical systems related to the assigned system.
- Must successfully complete required and ongoing technical training to acquire a thorough knowledge of company equipment; including installation procedures and the application of diagnostic techniques and practical application of service aids.
- Prepare field service reports and daily passdowns on Installation progress and non-conformances.
- Contribute to post-activity Quality feedback initiative and improvement.
- Execute documented procedures, exercises judgment within defined procedures and recommend changes to existing process and procedures when needed.
- Represent the company to the customer and assumes accountability for customer satisfaction with all installation/upgrade-associated activities.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Preferably with 3 years or more of experience working with capital equipment for the semiconductor industry.
- Knowledgeable in electronics, optics, mechanical, electro-mechanical and electro-optical systems
- Competent with the MS Office suite of applications and have knowledge of computer theory, various operating system software knowledge and networking in a Windows, Unix or Novell environment.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills are required.
- Ability to work in local or remote locations with domestic and international travel.
- Fresh graduate with the right attitude will also be considered.