This job posting is no longer active
KLA Corporation, a leading provider of process control and yield management solutions, partners with customers around the world to develop state-of-the-art inspection and metrology technologies. These technologies serve the semiconductor, data storage, LED, and other related nanoelectronics industries. With a portfolio of industry-standard products and a team of world-class engineers and scientists, the company has created superior solutions for its customers for more than 35 years. Headquartered in Milpitas, Calif., KLA has dedicated customer operations and service centers around the world. Additional information may be found at www.kla-tencor.com.
The Surfscan Division specializes in developing unpatterned wafer surface inspection tool that provides the sensitivity and throughput required for qualification of current and next-generation semiconductor wafer substrates, as well as qualification and monitoring of process tools. Incorporating UV laser technology, darkfield optics and advanced algorithms, the Surfscan wafer surface inspection tools finds defects down to 15nm in size, and enables consistent, high sensitivity detection on engineered substrates.
The SFS system team is looking for a product development engineer for the next generation bare wafer inspection tool. The responsibilities are:
1. Understand market and customer requirements. Transform the requirements into system configurations
2. Retire system retirement with properly designed bench and/or system experiments.
3. Define system error budget. Translate system requirement into sub module requirement. Work with functional team to ensure sub module requirement is met. Create proto-type test plan and execute the plan according to schedule.
4. Take systematic approach to troubleshoot system problems. Create problem statement and troubleshooting plan, collect data, and perform data analysis, then implement the final solution.
4. Collaborate with key functional groups to ensure the success of tool integration and product launch
5. Support product release. Develop system specifications, procedures, and other necessary documents to assist knowledge transfer. Provide training informations to MFG and Service engineers.
6. Support customer sites for beta testing and escalations when necessary.
The ideal candidate should have deep understanding in optics, high speed sensors, advance image / signal processing techniques, and statistical analysis techniques. Simulation knowledge is desired. Hands-on experience to build bench is highly desired.
The candidate will need to multitask, work independently, and be a motivated team member. Strong written and verbal communications skills are needed for the interaction with different teams.
This position requires an BS or MS. in Physics, Engineering or related fields. The ideal candidate will have strong data analysis skills including experience in writing scripts for customized analysis and modeling using MatLab, Python, or similar SW. A background in optics, opto-mechanical systems, sensor technology, digital image processing or digital signal processing is a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.