Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The Wafer Inspection Division (WIN) is the world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced optical inspection tools for inline monitoring of process defects in advanced semiconductor factories.
** This position is for Swing / 2nd Shift. **
- Performs the set-up, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies.
- Determines and may develop test specifications, methods and procedures from blueprints, drawings and diagrams.
- Tests and troubleshoots assemblies and/or final systems.
- May complete rework on assemblies and/or systems as a result of testing.
- Prepares technical reports summarizing findings and recommending solutions to technical problems.
- May assist in the selection and set-up of specialized test equipment.
- Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- Works on assignments that are semiroutine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Normally follows established procedures on routine work; requires instructions only on new assignments.
- BSEET or BSMET or equivalent engineering degree preferred
- 2+ years of Industry Related experience or Military equivalency
- Requires hands-on optical / laser alignment and test experience
- Requires experience in testing digital and/or analog systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- UNIX and Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Flexible - Inquisitive Individual that welcomes change
- Mature - must handle high pressure situations with level headed grace
- Autonomous - to work in unstructured environments
- Team player - Work with multiple countries/teams/management levels to achieve deliverables
- Strong Analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Technical School or equivalent training school with at least 3 years of experience in electro / mechanical assembly and test.
- Hands-on experience building, aligning, testing lasers and/or laser fixtures.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.