Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
The RAPID division is the world leading provider of reticle inspection solutions for the semiconductor industry. The company provides inspection solutions to both the mask shops and the semiconductor fabs to ensure that lithography yields are consistently high thus enabling cost-effective manufacturing.
Design mechanical parts and subsystems for next generation reticle inspection tools. Responsible for the complete design process, including requirements, concept, design, testing, BOM structure, and scheduling.
Perform first order hand calculations and computer simulations to verify functionality of parts and mechanism. Work cross-functionally and drive implementation of design best practices into product design that meets the requirements and specifications, SEMI standards, as well as adhering to manufacturability and reasonable cost.
The engineer will be conducting various analysis, such as thermal, vibration and FEA modeling, conceptual and detailed design using Pro/E, detailed drawings, design review presentations, procurement of prototype parts, system integration, prototype testing, and handoff to manufacturing. These tasks will require working with other engineering groups such as Systems engineers and Manufacturing engineers to ensure flawless integration and subsystem test or system level. Develop the required supporting documentation, such as assembly and test procedures.
- Must have good understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals such as mechanics, thermodynamics, and structural analysis
- Must be able to generate conceptual and detailed designs for mechanical parts/subsystems and possess analytical skills to evaluate feasibility of designs.
- Must be able to carry out assembly, testing and troubleshooting at prototype and integrated system levels
- Experience in detail drawing creation and application and interpretation of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (ASME Y14.5) and welding (AWS A2.4) symbols
- Familiar with engineering materials such as carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum alloys, and plastics
- Familiar with manufacturing processes including machining, sheetmetal fabrication, welding, plating, etc
- Experience in 3D solid/CAD modeling; strongly prefer Creo/Parametric (previously Pro/Engineer)
- Experience in structural finite element analysis (FEA), preferably Pro/Mechanica or ANSYS Mechanical
- Experience in computational fluid dynamics (CFD) analysis and software, preferably ANSYS Icepak/Fluent/CFX or similar
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Master's Level Degree OR
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 2 years of experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.