This job posting is no longer active
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The Wafer Inspection Division (WIN) is the world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced optical inspection tools for inline monitoring of process defects in advanced semiconductor factories.
This position is designed to create a repeatable installation result under varying circumstances - delivering low cost, high quality installations/upgrades of KLA products.
The general function of this job is to perform and/or ensure completion of all activities required to handoff a KLA tool that meets or exceeds all criteria that was pre-defined by KLA and the customer.
These activities will include, but not be limited to - site surveys, pre-installation, installation, troubleshooting, acceptance, training, and handoff of the product.
These activities will include, but not be limited to communication/interface/management with customers, sales, division engineering, local field service representatives, and manufacturing.
1.Instal/Upgrade of newly purchased products.
2. Hold Pre-Installation Meeting with the Customer to scope customer unique requirements. Create Plans of Action to measure/confirm/satisfy unique needs. Execute Plans of Action and validate deliverables with customer
3. Install Tool to meet KLA Specs, through conformance testing according to procedures
4. Troubleshoot complex system issues in a timely manner - using abstract thought, data analysis, 7-step problem solving methodology and other available tools - to repair/correct those issues and achieve compliance to KLA specs and other customer requirements
5. Manage project escalations across customer, region, and various factory resources to meet committed customer milestones
6. After conformance testing, meet with customer to facilitate Warranty Signoff through management of regional handoff, documentation of outstanding Warranty deliverables, and communication with customer/division
7. Achieve Cycle time/Cost targets through management of contributing factors (parts usage, cross-charges, escalation support, etc)
8. Manage Customer Satisfaction through Pre-Activity Meeting, Routine Update Meeting, Escalation Meetings, Post-Activity Meeting, and Warranty Meeting
9. Perform Install/Customer-focused Applications testing to approve Operational Quality of tool
10. Document Installation Non-conformances through a remote database management system
11. Communicate installation status through daily pass down and web-based reporting systems
12. Provide Training in operation/maintenance of tool to Install Engineers, Region Engineers, and Customers
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL:
BSEE or equivalent relevant experience.
5 + years Industry Related experience
Must obtain KLA certification as well as maintain ongoing certification
English Language + Local Language (for non-US positions) Fluency (reading and writing) + Japanese (Nice to Have)
Previous experience on KLA equipment required.
Previous Travel Experience with ability to secure appropriate travel documentation
Microsoft Office Proficiency
Flexible - Inquisitive Individual that welcomes change
Experienced - must handle high pressure situations with level headed grace
Autonomous - to work in unstructured environments
Team player - Work with multiple countries/teams/management levels to achieve deliverables
Strong Analytical skills - Troubleshooting, Project Management, Business Savvy
Strong Interpersonal skills - Friendly, Culturally sensitive, Highly Communicative, Non-confrontational, Capable of Conflict Resolution. Advanced analytical skills. Advanced mechanical aptitude