This job posting is no longer active
KLA Corporation, a leading provider of process control and yield management solutions, partners with customers around the world to develop state-of-the-art inspection and metrology technologies. These technologies serve the semiconductor, data storage, LED, and other related nanoelectronics industries. With a portfolio of industry-standard products and a team of world-class engineers and scientists, the company has created superior solutions for its customers for more than 35 years. Headquartered in Milpitas, Calif., KLA has dedicated customer operations and service centers around the world. Additional information may be found at www.kla-tencor.com.
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
The Optical Metrology Division products are used for optical overlay metrology. The portfolio of products includes unique solution packages which are based on hardware and software systems to enhance yield and effectiveness. As a world leader in its field of expertise, the division's products are the most advanced in performance (measurement accuracy of nanometers and below), reliability, ease of use and compatibility with other KLA's products. KLA controls over 80% of the world market sales in its field, and its products are used by every major semiconductor manufacturer around the world.
Optical Metrology Division(OMD) provides reliable and precise Fab-wide Overlay Metrology solutions to Logic, Foundry and DRAM customers. The portfolio of products includes unique solution packages which are based on hardware and software systems to enhance yield and effectiveness
Posted Position Title:
Software Engineer Level 4
This is a Lead Software Engineer position to work on OMD division's Archer, ATL and MTD products based on ATLAS software platform.
1. Acquire and demonstrate technical knowledge of OMD product software.
2. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
3. Ensuring that detailed designs, code, and unit tests are consistent, robust, future-proof and scalable.
4. Understand and make design and architectural improvements on existing software.
5. Participate in requirements definition and review process. Provide Technical assessment of the impact of any changes to product requirements.
6. Providing technical expertise to the estimation process as input to the project plan
7. Acquire knowledge of key use cases in Optical Metrology
8. Follow KLA defined software development processes (CMM)
9. Lead small teams to develop key features.
10. In conjunction with the Technical Manager, identify, highlight, review and mitigate technical risks
11. Contributes to the continued improvement of the organization's development procedures, by looking for opportunities for improvement and proposing ideas for solution.
1. Required: BE/BS/BTech degree with 8 or more years of SW experience.
2. Required: Strong in programming fundamentals, OOP, C++, VC++, MFC and COM.
3. Required: Experience in Architecting systems from scratch, leading project teams.
4. Required: Diverse Experience in analysis, design, development and unit testing
5. Required: Thorough knowledge of SDLC and software engineering
6. Required: Must be able to interact and communicate with all levels of staff and project management in both the business and the technical areas, with the ability to keep discussions at the appropriate level of abstraction.
7. Required: Possess excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational, interpersonal, and motivational skills, with the ability to move cleanly from theoretical to implementation thinking.
8. Required: Willingness to travel to Israel, US and other customer places on short assignments.
9. Preferred: Experience in developing COM/DCOM using MFC/ATL
10. Preferred: Experience in .Net and C#/WPF.
11. Preferred: Knowledge in STL, WinDBG and Windows Internals.
12. Optional: Knowledge of KLA specific or general semiconductor domain