Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The RAPID division is the world leading provider of reticle inspection solutions for the semiconductor industry. The company provides inspection solutions to both the mask shops and the semiconductor fabs to ensure that lithography yields are consistently high thus enabling cost-effective manufacturing.
The candidate responsibilities include but not limited to the following areas to:
- Design and build ultra-clean vacuum systems, including analysis, components selection, hardware and software system integration and operation.
- Provide solutions to various structural and system dynamics for precision mechanisms and control, and advance material selection and tooling.
- Design and analyze mechanical systems, equipment and packaging. Conduct feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs.
- Direct support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication.
- Provide design information to drafting for packaging documentation.
- Responsible for the design process, from requirements specification to analysis, prototyping, testing, debugging, writing assembly procedures.
- Participate in architecture conceptual design, designing and building hardware and test fixtures for concept validation.
- Perform first order hand calculations and computer simulations to verify functionality of parts and mechanism. Work cross-functionally and drive implementation of design best practices into product design.
- Must have good understanding of physics and mechanics.
- Must be able to generate system level concept for complicated mechanical systems with all-around consideration and possess analytical skills to assess impact of designs at a system level.
- Must be able to carry out high-level mechanical design, testing and troubleshooting.
- Good communication and team working skills are required.
- Familiar with mechanical manufacturing processes including machining, sheet metal fabrication, welding, etc.
- Must be proficient in 3D solid modeling CAD. Strongly prefer ProE/Creo
- 10+ years of design experience in some of the following areas is desirable: Semiconductor equipment or similar instruments; precision mechanisms in ultraclean vacuum system, cryogenic system, electron beam optic-mechanical design, vibration isolation, and electronic packaging.
- Experience structure/vibration analysis and thermal analysis is desirable
Master's Level Degree with at least 8 years of experience.OR Doctorate (Academic) with at least 5 years of experience.OR Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 12 years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.