Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The Information Technology (IT) group at KLA is involved in every aspect of the global business. IT’s mission is to enable business growth and productivity by connecting people, process, and technology. It focuses not only on enhancing the technology that enables our business to thrive but also on how employees use and are empowered by technology. This integrated approach to customer service, creativity and technological excellence enables employee productivity, business analytics, and process excellence.
He/She is responsible for the day-to-day administration, maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting, and support of the company’s SAP landscape, including all instances and SAP clients supporting ECC, CRM, SRM, SAP NetWeaver, SAP Solution Manager, and any other SAP applications.
Furthermore, he/she will be responsible for ensuring users have the correct access and authorizations, and that our IT Infrastructure Team is providing a secured operating environment (physical and logical).
- Performs daily SAP monitoring, troubleshooting, and correction of the SAP environment; including interactive, batch and print sub-systems, so that SAP applications are available and performing at acceptable levels.
- Ensures steps are taken in a timely manner to ensure SAP database is healthy and properly tuned for maximum performance.
- Ensures appropriate and timely steps are taken to maintain instances and clients in accordance with best practices including refreshes, client copies, identifying and applying SAP OSS notes, support packs, and enhancement packs.
- Manages SAP Transport Management System, being sure that all approved transports get processed as requested and in accordance with approved processes.
- Ensures SAP security is monitored and managed, that steps are taken to ensure users have the right access and authorizations, that segregation of duties (SoD) are followed, and that proactive steps are taken to identify violations and security risks, up to and including add, change, deletion of security profiles, roles, and transactions.
- Provides support and maintenance of the SAP SSO configurations with Protocol SAML, SPNEGO.
- Executes and manages environment refreshes/copies; Performs SAP client administration (create, copy, delete, export/import client(s)) as needed.
- Manages, Troubleshoot SAP system level printers, and peripherals.
- Installs SAP proprietary or another add-on software.
- Manage Operating system level task required for SAP Application for OS like Linux, Unix, and solaries
- Ensure all SAP security standard including access management and role management as per the SOX compliance.
- Supports SAP Business Analysts, Developers (ABAPer), Report Analysts, and Infrastructure Team, as well as Business User Community when warranted.
- Participates in SAP hardware and software evaluations and capacity planning.
- Participates as a member of SAP project teams as necessary to incorporate new and existing technology into the SAP landscape.
- Utilizes Solution Manager to import, manage and apply notes and patches as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager of Enterprise Applications.
- Capable to Handle the SAP Basis related change management task.
- Should have ability to perform SOX-SOD reporting and maintain SOD ruleset.
This person needs to be comfortable owning and championing the overall health of the company’s SAP landscape. They need to stay on top of industry and technology trends, being sure Nature’s Products remains aware and has an opportunity to benefit from them. This person needs to be customer focused and very responsive to a diverse user community. In addition, they must have an excellent written, verbal, presentation, Team player skills.
Required Competencies for This Role:
- Communication: Ability to convey information clearly and concisely to groups or individuals either verbally or in writing to ensure that they understand the information and the message. Ability to listen and respond appropriately to others.
- Technical Support: Ability to understand internal/external customer technologies and problem resolution techniques. Ability to communicate effectively with customers. Ability to listen to symptom descriptions; to analyze problems; to respond effectively and to provide constructive feedback to the client on problem resolution.
- Accountability: Ability to be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of responsibility are completed in a timely manner. Ability to monitor programs and/or activities and take corrective action when necessary. Ability to exercise independent judgment and work under minimal supervision.
- Adaptability: Ability to maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment. Ability to adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Knowledge of SAP applications, Basis, and operating components, including but not limited to ECC, CRM, SRM, NetWeaver, and Solution Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the databases that support the Production, Quality and Development systems, instances and clients.
- Monitors associated software and hardware resources allocated to the databases to ensure high resilience and performance.
- Experience installing and testing OSS notes, support packs, enhancement packs, client copies and system refreshes across the SAP landscape.
- Maintain SAP system security, and user access and authorizations in accordance with best practices.
- Proactively monitors SAP systems to ensure services and security is available, and downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Experience monitoring, measuring, reporting and tuning performance.
- Configure Solution Manager including diagnostics, maintenance optimizer, System Monitoring, EWA for landscape support.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving database performance, integrity, blocking and deadlocking, log shipping and security issues.
- Collaborate with the SAP Project Management, Business and Systems Analysts and user departments to develop specifications for system enhancements for continuous technical improvement.
- Assist functional SME’s in the development of test plans and automated scripts to ensure expected performance and quality levels are meet.
- Generate OSS notes requesting assistance when applicable for code fixes.
- Work with functional and technical teams to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and ways to extract greater value from our SAP investments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems required
- Prefer 7 plus years’ experience in systems analysis, system tuning, and new product and technology evaluation in a SAP environment.
- Prefer 7 plus years’ experience with SAP Basis administration.
- Require strong understanding of Basis principles to oversee Basis strategy within Security, Disaster Recovery, and overall system performance.
- Prefer 7 years’ Experience with SAP Change Transport System (CTS), and SAP Security management - Authorization models, LDAP and Active Directory.
- Knowledge of standard SAP maintenance activities – support packs, enhancement packs, kernel upgrades, system refresh, monitoring, transports, and SAP troubleshooting.
- Prefer 7 plus years of administration experience in Linux server environment.
- Experience with VMware and Virtualization technology and concepts.
- Excellent analytical mind to question program enhancements that may not be necessary.
- Prefer to work in shift model as per the schedule to support business SAP Basis and Security operation.
- Ability to write and/or review documentation, user guides, and training material as required.
- Prior experience working in a hosted environment a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.