Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The Information Technology (IT) group at KLA is involved in every aspect of the global business. IT’s mission is to enable business growth and productivity by connecting people, process, and technology. It focuses not only on enhancing the technology that enables our business to thrive but also on how employees use and are empowered by technology. This integrated approach to customer service, creativity and technological excellence enables employee productivity, business analytics, and process excellence.
He/She is responsible for the day-to-day administration, maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting, and support of the company’s Database landscape, including all instances SAP and Non-SAP applications.
- Oracle database 10g /11g / 12c install / upgrade or migration experience in SAP and Non-SAP environments.
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle server software and related products.
- Evaluate Oracle features and Oracle related products.
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures
- Take care of the Database design and implementation.
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges).
- Perform database tuning and performance monitoring.
- Recommend application tuning and performance monitoring
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards.
- Plan for growth and changes (capacity planning).
- Work as part of a team and provide 7x24 support when required
- Perform general technical troubleshooting and give consultation to development teams
- Interface with Oracle Corporation for technical support.
- Patch Management and Version Control.
- Good knowledge with DBMS packages Skills Requirement.
- Good understanding of the Oracle database, related utilities and tools
- A good understanding of the underlying operating system.
- A good knowledge of the physical database design.
- Ability to perform both Oracle and operating system performance tuning and monitoring.
- Knowledge of ALL Oracle backup and recovery scenarios.
- A good knowledge of Oracle security management.
- A good knowledge of how Oracle acquires and manages resources.
- A good knowledge of Oracle data integrity.
- Experience with code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- A sound knowledge of both database and system performance tuning.
- DBA should have strong communication skills with management, development teams, vendors and systems administrators.
- Provide a strategic database direction for the organization.
- DBA should have the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
Required Competencies for This Role:
- Communication: Ability to convey information clearly and concisely to groups or individuals either verbally or in writing to ensure that they understand the information and the message. Ability to listen and respond appropriately to others.
- Technical Support: Ability to understand internal/external customer technologies and problem resolution techniques. Ability to communicate effectively with customers. Ability to listen to symptom descriptions; to analyze problems; to respond effectively and to provide constructive feedback to the client on problem resolution.
- Accountability: Ability to be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of responsibility are completed in a timely manner. Ability to monitor programs and/or activities and take corrective action when necessary. Ability to exercise independent judgment and work under minimal supervision.
- Adaptability: Ability to maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment. Ability to adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Additional Skills good to have:
- Knowledge of MSSQL Server
- SAP HANA database
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems required
- Prefer 10 plus years’ experience in systems analysis, system tuning, and new product and technology evaluation in a RDBMS environment.
- Prefer 10 plus years’ experience with Database administration.
- Prefer 10 plus years of administration experience in UNIX server environment.
- Experience with Virtualization and CLOUD technology and concepts.
- Excellent analytical mind to question program enhancements that may not be necessary.
- Prefer to work in (24*7) shift model as per the schedule to support business operations
- Ability to write and/or review documentation, user guides, and training material as required.
- Prior experience working in a hosted environment a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.