SPTS Technologies, a KLA company, designs, manufactures and markets wafer processing solutions for the global semiconductor and related industries. SPTS provides industry leading etch and deposition process technologies on a range of single wafer handling platforms. End-market applications include micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), advanced packaging, LED, high speed RF device IC’s and power semiconductors. SPTS is part of KLA Corporation which develops industry-leading equipment and services that enable innovation throughout the electronics industry. We provide advanced process control and process-enabling solutions for manufacturing wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. In close collaboration with leading customers across the globe, our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers design solutions that move the world forward.
SPTS wafer processing solutions include market-leading silicon etch, dielectric etch, dry-release etch, PVD, PECVD and molecular vapor deposition (MVD®), available with a range of wafer-handling options applicable to R&D, pilot production, or volume production environments. SPTS is headquartered and has its main manufacturing facility in Newport, UK, with additional manufacturing in Allentown, Pennsylvania. SPTS operates across 19 countries in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific, and offers comprehensive service and spare parts support through a worldwide network of service centers and qualified local agents.
North Carolina Field Site Supervisor Responsibilities:
Scheduling the delivery of all equipment between customer and I + W Manager.
Liaising with engineering and PM teams to ensure that all SPTS Tool / Upgrade projects are accurate before work commences.
Managing communication between the customer site and SPTS for Installations, Upgrades, Escalations, Parts requirements
Managing the work schedules / time cards for all supervised field staff .
Assist the Apps manager with Apps schedule requirements.
Responsibility/management of on-site consignment spares (if the customer holds consignment stock)
Providing leadership to on-site staff, sub-contractors, and other parties.
Investigating and resolving customer complaints.
Ensuring that safety policies are strictly adhered to and field staff have correct equipment.
Reviewing all project progress to ensure that deadlines are met.
Providing SPTS tool uptime feedback to SPTS Team for Key accounts
• To provide service support to customers encompassing system commissioning, system breakdown repairs and preventative maintenance support.
• To generate a close working relationship with the customers to enable the company to sell its product portfolio.
• Provision of feedback enabling the pro-active identification of product and business process improvements.
• Timely completion of all field reports.
• Other duties as required.
Must physically be able to:
• Must be able to travel 80-90% to support the customer base as required.
• Lift 50 lbs. overhead occasionally
• Lifting 50 lbs. frequently
• Bend from the waist
• Lift items overhead safely
• Work on hands and knees or on their back while servicing equipment
• Be able to bend and twist to gain access to service the equipment
• Read and interpret schematics
• Read and interpret signs, placards and manuals
• View the full color spectrum
• Be able to work standing at the system in up to 2-hour intervals
• Be able to perform a system chamber clean which requires the following
o Remove all chamber components such as turbo pump, source parts, and electrode
o Perform a chamber clean with the use of scotchbrite to scrub the chamber walls
o Reassemble the cleaned chamber parts and achieve an acceptable chamber LUR
Must be able to:
• Work autonomously
• Work in a product wafer fab clean room environment
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electronics or Engineering (or equivalent Semiconductor work experience).
3-5 years of SPTS installation and service experience preferred
Candidates should have a solid background in electronics, RF theory, mechanical engineering, vacuum technology and basic knowledge of plasma processing equipment.
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and diagnose RF, Pneumatic, Vacuum, Electronic (AC and DC), PLC, DeviceNet and Computer issues to the component level.
• Must have working knowledge of MS DOS, Win311, WinNT, Win XP, WinVista as well as MS Office products.
• Excellent communication and customer interfacing skills.
• Good organizational skills.
• An adaptable approach to working hours, locations and conditions.
• A flexible approach to work responsibilities, enabling both independent and team working.
• Ability to work alone or unsupervised for extended period, often in difficult conditions.
• A systematic and logical approach to problem solving.
• Must be able to travel extensively (up to 3 weeks or more per month) to support the customer base as required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.