Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The vision of KLA’s global human resources organization is to become a leader and partner to operating leadership in support of the company’s efforts to achieve its strategic growth, customer and operating objectives through strategic talent management. Our mission is to enable the business and leverage human resources to achieve short and long-term business objectives. Our primary areas of strategic focus include talent acquisition, individual and organizational assessment and development, performance management, inclusion and engagement, and rewards.
The global HR organization includes HR business partners, learning and development, talent acquisition, compensation and benefits, employee communications, and HR system operations.
The Director Human Resources, based in Ann Arbor, MI, is primarily responsible for providing both strategic and operational HR solutions to KLA businesses that are in Michigan. This position is expected to deliver high-quality analysis, problem-solving, and human capital management recommendations to KLA’s business units, while partnering with business leaders and employees. This position will initially report to Vice-President, Human Resources and may be reassigned as necessary.
- Develop and implement talent strategies for meeting business unit plans and objectives
- Partner with the business and site management in recruiting efforts. Design and implements strategies that support the organization's ability to recruit top talent and build talent pipelines
- Build and promote the KLA employer brand in Michigan and the Mid-West region; partner with Universities and relevant organizations to attract a diverse pool of candidates
- Take a leadership role in developing an organizational culture consistent with the KLA’s mission and core values
- Partner with and coach business unit leaders to drive talent and performance management programs, including Focal Reviews and Employee Engagement initiatives
- Assess employee capabilities and assist executives, management, and employees in the development process. Influence and help management understand and articulate employee needs and motivations
- Successfully engage all levels of employees from leadership to individual contributors to provide HR guidance and recommendations on work issues of diverse scope
- Define, analyze, and measure outcomes of HR programs through data analysis, reporting and presentations
- Provide guidance and expertise in the handling of employee relations issues and successfully conduct investigations, as needed. Assess regional regulatory compliance and actively educate and report to management on potential areas of concern, if any
- Promote change management by timely communication, advice and direction to the site. Participate in business unit management meetings. (i.e. strategic planning, quarterly executive review, etc.)
- Work closely with the Corporate HR team to create effective talent solutions for the region
- Manage a team of HR professionals in support of the above objectives
- Travel up to 25%, as needed, which can include local, domestic, and international travel
- 10+ years of progressive Human Resources management experience, of which at least 3 years are in a leadership/supervisory role, and includes providing support to senior management/executives
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or related field and/or equivalent years of experience. Highly proficient with Microsoft Office and Windows-based applications, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
- An intuition for business and an understanding of the financial implications of HR initiatives. Sound understanding of regional employment laws and regulations.
- Experience working in a culturally and geographically diverse business environment
- Experience in business analysis to execute relevant reporting as needed by the business
- Ability to promote fairness and integrity in the implementation of HR policies, programs, and practices
- Proven business focus with the ability to understand business strategy and serve as a partner to site management
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; customer and results orientation; positive influencing skills. Experience working with Enterprise HR Systems is desirable
- Ability to deliver HR solutions within a fast-paced and exacting operational context. Must demonstrate perseverance and an ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to build, lead, and develop a Human Resources team and to work collaboratively across the business units and corporate functions and partner with individuals across different geographies, as needed
- Ability to meet the travel requirements associated with this role, which is expected to amount to 25% travel and include local, domestic, and international travel
- Master’s Level Degree with at least 8 year of experience OR
- Bachelor’s Level Degree with at least 10 years of experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.