This job posting is no longer active
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
EH&S which sits with the Enterprise Risk Group, part of the Corporate Support Group.
The Environmental Engineering Manager develops, implements, monitors and manages company environmental managment programs (including ISO14001 programs) and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations. Maintains safety equipment inventory, performs periodic safety inspections, monitors hazardous waste removal vendors, and may assist in consolidating hazardous wastes (chemical, radioactive, and/or medical). Interacting with a variety of departments, conducts training in emergency response and hazardous material handling. Monitors environmental compliance and maintains liaison with appropriate regulatory agencies. Recommends and drives corrective action where environmental health and safety hazards exist. The work of the Environmental Engineering Manager spans across the globe and interacts with others in the administration of EHS and CSR programs gloablly.
Environmental Engineering Manager conduct hazardous-waste management studies in which they evaluate the significance of the hazard and advise on treating, reducing and and containing it.
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in civil, chemical, mechanical, or environmental engineering or a related field, AND 7 years of increasingly responsible professional civil, mechanical, chemical, or environmental engineering experience, depending on assignment, includes experience in a supervisory or project management role.
Experience creating and managing Environmental Managment Systems (ISO14001).
• Methods and techniques for data and map collection, presentation and record management.
• Methods and techniques for record keeping and report preparation.
• Fundamentals of physical, biological, and chemical wastewater treatment processes.
• Knowledge of research methods.
• Knowledge of wastewater treatment plant unit operations and unit processes.
• Knowledge of state and local rules and standards governing the operation of a wastewater treatment plant.
• Knowledge of administrative and organizational principles.
• Ability to organize and present formal written reports and technical oral presentations in an effective manner.
• Ability to deal effectively with the public and other employees.
• Federal, State, and local rules and standards governing water quality protection and wastewater management.
• Prepare and present administrative and technical reports and presentations.
• Effectively manage projects and consultants.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Establish, maintain, and promote positive and effective working relationships with employees, other agencies, and the public.
• Work independently and as a team member; recognize and set priorities and meet deadlines.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.