Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
Applications Engineering role involves becoming an expert in KLA's technologies and applying them to solve mission critical yield problems at our customer's semiconductor fabrication units. In addition, applications engineers bridge the know-how learnt at the customers sites back into product engineering teams to improve next generation products. Applications engineers are also involved in characterizing the new capabilities developed in the next generation products. In general, our applications travel worldwide (up to 70%) to support our customers.
As an intern for the applications engineering role, your responsibities will be:
1. learn & demonstrate interest & ability to learn KLA domain & technology
2. on the given internship project demonstrate ability to understand requirements & problem space
3. demonstrate ability to comprehend data, analyse cause and effect, design and run experiments with the given data
4. demonstrate ability to drive analysis to conclusions systematically and present final approach and results
5. No travel required. Internship project will be executed in our Chennai office.
Students in Masters / Ph.D. Engineering, Physics, Material Science, or related fields
Must have excellent communication, organizational, analytical, leadership, and interpersonal skill.
Must be self-driven, yet a strong team player.
Background in IC processing/Semiconductor equipment is a plus.