Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The Customer Group (CG) team is our field based, customer facing organization consisting of Sales, Marketing, Applications, Finance, Human Resources, Facilities & IT. They partner closely with our customers to provide a comprehensive portfolio of products, services, software and expertise, to help them manage yield throughout their fabrication process—from research and development to final volume production. Responsibilities of this group include maintaining strategic client relationships, identifying and closing sales opportunities, ensuring our products meet performance capabilities & expectations, providing critical solutions for improved yield performance, and collecting requirements for future products by understanding customer processes and technology trends. Partnering with our service organization and factory divisions, this diverse and dynamic team helps ensure alignment between customer needs and corporate offering to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
1. Evaluates, analyzes, diagnoses and troubleshoots technical equipment problems via telephone or at customer site. Ensures equipment enhances customer production. Repairs and updates equipment at customer facility.
2. Repairs of system level problems (which have multiple causes and for which no standard procedures exist) are based on CSE's technical knowledge, education, training and certification.
3. CSE's may access and determine the problems existing in customers' processes such as chemical leaks or contamination, and as a result may recommend shutdown of customer fab due to unsafe conditions.
4. Prepares fields service reports on customer support activity and provides documentation to other supporting functions supporting functions on re-occurring problems.
5. Prepares quotes for customers based on labor, travel expenses incurred and parts needed. CSE's use discretion and assist regional admin in preparing quotes based on reason for equipment failure, time to prepare etc.
6. Assists other field service engineers as appropriate. Provides guidance and technical assistance to Installation Engineer on installations at customer sites or on installing/dismantling demonstration machines.
7. Conducts customer orientation and technical training on all aspects of equipment maintenance support for user applications.
8. Travels by car or commercial transportation to customer facility.
9. Contribute to the Capturing, Re-use, Collaboration, and Improvement of knowledge using available systems.
1. Analytical skills
2. Ability to understand and troubleshoot problems in software and electronics, optics, mechanical, electro-mechanical and electro-optical systems.
3. Knowledge of computer theory, various operating systems and applicable operating system software knowledge, Networking in a Windows, Unix or Novell environment. Knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, E-mail).
4. Develops capabilities in use of all available diagnostic resources. Develops and demonstrates technical proficiency in all aspects of assigned equipment set.
5. Understanding of customer application/utilization of assigned equipment set in production environment and Semiconductor industry. Semiconductor industry process knowledge, required to take the KLA class for Introduction to semiconductor processes.
6. Strong interpersonal/communication skills in understanding customer needs. Ability to work under pressure and stringent timelines since failure of company equipment may shut down customer manufacturing area.
7. Unix/Linux system managment experience is plus