Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
KLA has manufacturing sites across the globe, including Belgium, China, Germany, Israel, Singapore and Milpitas (CA). The Global Operations (GOPS) team, comprised of Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Installation, and Quality, is responsible for manufacturing our leading-edge technology. We partner with our world-wide supply base and our design engineering teams to bring new products to market. The GOPS team is continuously working to build our products Better, Faster, Cheaper.
The Stage Systems Manufacturing Engineer will work on problems of diverse scope in support of manufacturing, new production introduction (NPI) and continuous improvement projects (CIP).
• A Bachelor’s degree (required) or Master’s degree (desired) in Mechanical/Electrical/Mechatronics Engineering. Relevant industry experience a plus.
• Able to communicate effectively with peers, interdisciplinary engineering groups, customers, vendors and across cultures. Able to give effective technical presentations up to the Product Life Cycle (PLC) level. The individual must also be able to effectively communicate with a broad range of people located in the US, Europe and Asia.
• Understanding of system level interactions between electronics and mechanical parts to enable effective problem solving at the system level down to the individual piece part level.
• Able to read technical drawings, understand BOMs, and use a variety of precision testing and measuring instruments.
• Self-driven individual with keen technical ability, systematic approach, detailed-oriented, excellent problem solving skills, positive attitude, and strong team player.
• Has very good problem solving ability through design of experiments and carry out tests to collect and analyze data. Able to apply the 7-Step problem solving method consistently. Has excellent technical writing and documentation skills.
Ability to work in a clean room environment
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes including machining, sheet metal and castings.
• Knowledge of analysis tools such as Matlab or Labview
• Experience in vibration optimization and design for high stiffness to weight ratio.
• Solid modeling, structural analysis, Finite Elements Analysis (FEA), and ProE experience preferred.
• Experience in motion control and servo systems
Hands on Python scripting experience
• Implementation of high resolution feedback devices as encoders and laser interferometer
• Design experience of positioning systems integrated with vision systems is a plus.
• Semiconductor Equipment experience desired.
Ability to use a variety of hand tools, including measurement and calibration equipment
• Knowledge of manufacturing IT systems (ERP, PLM, CAD, etc.) a plus.
• Experience in statistical process control (SPC) is a plus.
Ability to travel internationally and domestically up to 25%
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.