KLA Corporation, a leading provider of process control and yield management solutions, partners with customers around the world to develop state-of-the-art inspection and metrology technologies. These technologies serve the semiconductor, data storage, LED, and other related nanoelectronics industries. With a portfolio of industry-standard products and a team of world-class engineers and scientists, the company has created superior solutions for its customers for more than 35 years. Headquartered in Milpitas, Calif., KLA has dedicated customer operations and service centers around the world. Additional information may be found at www.kla-tencor.com.
The Broadband Plasma Division (BBP) is the world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced optical inspection tools for inline monitoring of process defects in advanced semiconductor factories
The selected Product Development Engineer will work within the Broadband Plasma products. This role will involve requirements analysis, system design and testing of complex inspection systems using expertise from multiple technical disciplines. The selected candidate will:
- Work with marketing and engineering to define system architecture and develop requirement specifications and test plans - 30%
- Work with functional groups to define and review designs. Create and execute test plans and perform analysis to validate system performance. Will trouble shoot system and subsystem issues and work with various subsystem teams to find and implement solutions - 40%
- Support internal and external customers in implementing processes to build and use the tool effectively and optimize tool performance. Lead troubleshoot efforts in manufacturing and in the field - 30%
- Occasional travel will be required (Up to 20%)
- PhD in applied optics, mechanical/electrical engineering, physics or related disciplines desired
- Must have a strong background in engineering or the physical science and demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills
- Must have a good understanding of Optical, Electromechanical and Software systems and their interactions in the context of complex industrial equipment.
- Strong diagnostic and trouble shooting skills in optics, opto-mechanics, and motion control systems
- Experience with lasers and illumination systems, CCD/CMOS cameras is a plus
- Should be familiar with scientific and statistical analysis tools and SW tools such as Python, Matlab, JMP, and LabView
- Experience in developing a subsystem in one or more of the above areas are highly desirable
- Agility and ability to thrive on a fast paced program and respond quickly to field and internal escalations
- Must be an effective communicator able to share technical information with functional groups and provide executive level reports to management and customers
- Doctorate (Academic) OR
- Master's Level Degree with at least 2 years of experience OR
- Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 3 years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.