Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The Global Facilities and Real Estate group manages a worldwide portfolio of real estate/facilities footprint of over 3 million square feet. In addition to ensuring that all sites operate smoothly without any disruption, this group also provides employee support services such as café food services, break-area refreshment support and ancillary transportation and site services. Maintaining all sites with proper and effective safety and security provisions, this group is responsible to conduct all construction and site improvement work and ensure that all work complies with global and local regulatory requirements.
This key corporate position will own and drive KLA’s long-term real estate global portfolio strategy, evolution, and innovation in support of the company’s strategic objectives and plans. The individual will lead a team to not only achieve these objectives but will also benchmark and review/measure key performance indicators to pursue progressive improvements, both in service and spend improvement to an annual budget of about US$100M in operations and rental expenses.
This group is also responsible for creating a strategic real estate/facilities roadmap to ensure that space requirements for future business needs are catered for as well as to implement suitable latest office furniture trends/office technology and cleanroom designs to optimize facilities footprint. This will involve active participation and involvement in recent and future M&A activities including treatment of newly acquired properties and assets.
This role can work out of our offices in Ann Arbor, MI or Milpitas, CA.
Partner effectively with the executive team and create and drive a strategy that supports KLA’s long-term strategic objectives in multiple countries. Manage a group of worldwide resources, this position is expected to work closely and collaborate with all business stakeholders, country business heads and functional group leaders to develop strategic real estate and facility plans to meet future business space requirements. In addition, the head of facilities is expected to work with site leaders to develop and implement up-to-market office furniture layout and incorporate latest state-of-art office technologies to develop workspaces conducive to creative and collaboration environments that meet office requirements around the world. A significant amount of global travel is expected.
Responsibilities for the worldwide Facilities group include:
Facilities Operation and Management
- Design and Life cycle management of all facilities and equipment
- Maintenance of all facilities space to create an excellent work environment
- Ensure high level of service for cafeteria, coffee bars and other services
- Develop policies for Facilities and Services to cater to needs globally
- Develop alternative transport systems to support home/work users
- Support all cleanroom requirements
- Plan, manage, and control Facilities operations budget
- Manage worldwide office access and security control for all sites
- Develop adequate and state-of-art security systems and access control
- Ensure all facilities meet established environmental and safety control requirements
- Support all recycle programs and drive clean-effort initiatives globally
- Drive the successful deployment of environmental safety initiatives and coach leaders on implementing environmental safety programs that comply with regulatory agencies, such as OSHA, EPA, TJC and others
- Drive engagement and training on disaster preparedness policies and procedures
- Drive process changes and policy adjustment to pursue improvements in KPIs, space utilization rate and budget spend
- Work closely with Corporate Security/Safety teams to ensure all facilities maintain and consistently exceed safety and risk considerations
Space Planning and Projects
- Develop office standards for worldwide adoption
- Develop space roadmaps for all offices/lab/cleanroom to meet business needs
- Responsible for leading site planning and design for all new building construction, remodels, lab and cleanroom installs, capacity planning, space planning, engineering, build code compliance, and building permitting
- Generate options and evaluate/recommend solutions
- Develop budget/timeline for projects and ensure appropriate level of approvals are obtained
- Execute projects within timeline and budget
Real Estate Management
- Manage all worldwide leases
- Establish and maintain all real estate lease policies
- Ensure adherence to approval process for all leases
- Search, negotiate and execute lease agreements
- Maintain and submit quarterly financial lease commitments
- Evaluate strategic deployment plan for vendors. Weigh pros and cons to put in place multiple vendor program or single integrator service provider concepts.
- Select and negotiate vendors for construction and operations based on procurement guidelines and standards
- Review vendor performance through regular business and KPI reviews
- Create reporting tools to status and analyze global portfolio
- Real estate investment analysis - Compile market data, forecast, budget, and other analysis to support real estate investment opportunities
- Create and benchmark industrial peers’ key operational and service levels KPIs
- Master's Level Degree with at least 8 years of experience OR Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 10 years of experience
- Demonstrated strategic ability to partner effectively with executive team and align with company’s goals and objectives
- Deep understanding of estate and facilities ecosystem: strategic sourcing, supply chain management, human capital management, facilities management, location management, lease transaction management, design, construction and project management
- Exposure and experience in managing global network of sites, including knowledge of both domestic and international commercial real estate markets and regulations from proposal to build
- Knowledge and experience in Facilities operations and management
- Proven business acumen and track record in working effectively with executive teams
- Held key executive position(s) in relevant or manufacturing environments
- Proven executive communication and presentation skills
- Well versed with organizing and using data and financial analyses to support and influence decision-making
- Self-driven with strong leadership traits and the ability to articulate a vision and inspire teams to actionable plans
- Decisiveness and bias for action
- Ability to travel internationally up to 50% of the time
- Bachelor's Level Degree with a minimum of 15 years of experience OR
- Master's Level Degree with a minimum of 14 years of experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.