Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
The RAPID division is the world leading provider of reticle inspection solutions for the semiconductor industry. The company provides inspection solutions to both the mask shops and the semiconductor fabs to ensure that lithography yields are consistently high thus enabling cost-effective manufacturing.
Manager of Mechanical Packaging Group with 5-10 direct reports. Direct reports range from NCG to 10+ years. Development span from chassis level, system level, and into customer facility/install.
The candidate should be able to work autonomously, be process driven, have strong thermal design skills, successful technical subcontract management experience, experience with semiconductor equipment ideally, ability to work/lead within cross functional teams.
- Ability to lead small design team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven capability of presenting to high-level customers, suppliers, and internal reviewers
- Project plan development including schedules and preliminary budgets
- Architecture generation, inlcuding system layout and partitioning
- Managing design progression from Requirements, Concept, Detailed, and Drawing/Fab/Purchase; Adhering to the KLA PLC / DFx system design review process
- Support electrical engineering team members in making packaging related trade offs
- Flow down requirements to subcontractors/vendors
- Familiar with manufacturing processes including machining, sheet metal fabrication, welding fabrication and castings
- Guide work of external consultants and contractors
- Generate proposals for customer specific product modifications
- Evaluate detailed capabilities of subcontractors, determining the viability of their proposed methods
- Mentor lower level engineers
- Sensitivity to cost, serviceability, manufacturability, and reliability are all considerations for this role
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical design principles, material selection, thermal management systems, electronic packaging (system, chassis, PCB)
- Cost, serviceability, manufacturability, transportability, and reliability are all major considerations for this role
- Must be able to cross functional boundaries to ensure customer and company goals are met
- Familiarity with semiconductor regulatory design desired
- Successful experience with design and production ramp of electronic packaging from level 0 on up
Technical/Functional Core Competencies
- Specification and requirements generation
- Component-level mechanical design
- System-level mechanical design
- Thermal analysis
- Structural analysis
- Cleanliness/airflow analysis and test
- Mechanical design for EMI/EMC
- Present in design reviews and act as team member in design reviews
- Vendor selection and technical support
- Electronic packaging design: Chassis, PCB board
- Cooling of electronics
- Experiment design and execution
- ECO generation
- Procedure generation and new product introduction (NPI)
- Education: BSME required, MSME desired
- 3+ years managing a team of mechanical engineers
- Strong mechanical engineering fundamentals, including design principles, machine elements, materials, fabrication methods.
- History of proficiency with solid CAD (ProEngineer/Creo skill strongly preferred).
- Experience in several of these areas is desirable: opto-mechanical systems, ultra-high vacuum systems, design of inspection equipment or similar instruments, electronics, measurement instrumentation, tooling & test fixture design, supplier management, new product introduction, manufacturing support
- Experience in thermal, structural analysis and fluid flow modeling (Pro/Mechanica, ANSYS, CF Design skill strongly preferred)
- Works well as a team and be able to openly communicate in an honest and forthright manner with peers, interdisciplinary engineering groups, customers and vendors.
- Strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles, materials and fabrication methods
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing detail drawing standards and the application of geometric dimensioning and tolerance techniques
- Experience in noise and vibration control engineering related to highly sensitive equipment
- Experience designing parts and assemblies for use in high and ultra-high vacuum environment
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 8 years of experience.
Master's Level Degree with at least 6 years of experience.
Doctorate (Academic) with at least 3 years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.