Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
The Broadband Plasma Division (BBP) provides market-leading patterned wafer optical inspection systems for leading-edge IC manufacturing. Logic, foundry, and memory customers depend on BBP products to detect yield-critical defects for process debug and excursion monitoring at advanced process nodes.
BBP flagship products include the 29xx and 39xx series which leverage Broadband Plasma technology to capture a wide range of defects with ultimate sensitivity at the optical inspection speeds needed for inline defect monitoring.
- Lead Product Lifecycle Cycle (PLC) teams in developing and delivering next generation systems to the market
- Lead development activities for a cross-functional teams consisting of project managers, engineers and technologists (Systems, H/W, S/W, Algorithms, etc.)
- Responsible for the product from proving business case to design, development, risk/value trade off, implementation, release to mfg & field.
- Ensure programs objectives are delivered on schedule and within budget.
- Provide technical support to Marketing & Sales teams to develop business opportunities, explore customer use cases, help drive customer adoptions of tools and features/options
- Manage development execution (performance, cost, schedule, etc.)
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers
- Contribute to product roadmap by working with Product Marketing and key customers
- Support annual strategic planning process to drive future business direction
- Manage key supplier in developing and delivering critical solutions
- Develop personnel and the next generation of leaders
- Proven record with >15 years of experience in technology development
- The ideal candidate should have 10+ years experience in a program manager role with mostly technical responsibilities.
- Knowledge of the semiconductor capital equipment business with >10 years of experience
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional engineering teams of > 50 personnel through product development and market introduction
- Technical expertise in semiconductor manufacturing technologies
- Demonstrated strong working relationship with semiconductor industry customers
- Experience with KLA PLC process or demonstrated ability to lead adjacent organizations (Marketing, Applications, Operations and Service) through the product introduction process
- Work with cross-disciplinary functions to develop features for products that meet the market demand & required performance & proven ability to manage risk and make technical tradeoffs
- Ability to make good decisions in a timely manner
- Experience in semiconductor manufacturing and a proven success and track record in leading multidisciplinary teams to successfully launch and/or manage transition of a capital equipment product is a plus
- Drive systems engineering principles in product development. In addition, the candidate should have engineering expertise that is deep in at least one area and broad across other engineering disciplines.
- Must have strong leadership, excellent communication, organizational skills, people management experience and problem solving skills.
- Need to be self-driven, detail oriented, with a can-do attitude and a critical thinker.
- Ability to influence and motivate large cross-functional teams to deliver quality products that have cutting edge performance, manufacturable and sevicable.
- Doctorate (Academic) with at least 10 years of experience OR
- Master's Level Degree with at least 12 years of experience OR
- Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 15 years of experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.