Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
The RAPID division is the world leading provider of reticle inspection solutions for the semiconductor industry. The company provides inspection solutions to both the mask shops and the semiconductor fabs to ensure that lithography yields are consistently high thus enabling cost-effective manufacturing.
Responsibilities - What you’ll be doing:
KLA is looking for an outstanding Senior Embedded Software Engineer to lead various aspects of project development involving demanding real-time embedded applications including interrupt-driven task-based multi-threaded software for imaging system running on a real-time operating system (RTOS) such as real-time Linux for a high-reliability application.
In this role you will assess and develop technical specifications, plan and schedule programs, and secure and align resources.
You will work closely with a small team to define the software architecture based on high-level system requirements spanning the entire design, implementation, and test of the real-time software. You should possess high curiosity, be a fast learner, and have the drive to turn prototype ideas into quality production code used in mission critical applications.
You will be doing what you enjoy: solving challenging problems while working alongside some of the top valued diverse talent in the semiconductor industry, all within in an environment of continuous learning. If this sounds like a fun challenge, we want to hear from you!
Qualifications - What we need to see:
• Master’s degree with six years of experience or Ph.D. degree with 3 years’ related experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Embedded Software Engineering.
• Proven track record of successfully delivering industry leading projects and programs that achieve technical specifications, cost targets and schedule.
• Strong Knowledge of C++
• Hands-on knowledge of device driver programming in Linux
• Hands-on PCI / Bus interconnect protocol programming knowledge, including high bandwidth / low latency PCI, PCIe, SATA, USB 3.0 (strongly preferred), or I2C, SPI, Serial.
• Strong skills in scripting tasks (Python or other), along with as hands-on experience with Linux programming and development tools strongly preferred
• LabView experience is a plus
• Knowledge of X86, ARM or PowerPC processor architecture
• Knowledge of CCD based imaging system is a plus
• Should be capable to work in a clean room environment occasionally
• Highly motivated with strong communication and interpersonal skills, you can work successfully with multi-functional teams and coordinate effectively with peers, engineers and across organizational boundaries.
• Be motivated to attack and solve problems rarely found elsewhere
• Prior technical leadership experience highly preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.