Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
This person will be involved in new and sustaining product service engineering duties to include, but not limited to:
- Serve as the central technical resource / interface with design engineering, manufacturing, technical support, quality, marketing and field as the product(s) move through the Product Life Cycle
- Work directly with aforementioned teams in fully integrated manner to incorporate value-added serviceability, reliability and service business practice improvements into product design
- Work to optimize serviceability, reduce cost-of-service through all stages of the PLC, and improve short and long term product service revenue performance
- Remain involved throughout all stages of a product’s lifecycle to ensure system level product performance is continuously tracked and meets established specifications
- Drive continuous improvement of system hardware, diagnostics and software, tooling, technical documentation, knowledge management, and training
- Influence early PLC designs to include features that will optimize KLA’s service business: calibrations and diagnostics, Cost of Service (CoS), reliability, design tolerances, Intellectual Property (IP) protection
- Act as a two-way conduit of information between design teams, technical support, and service personnel
- Protect our service IP, and apply BKMs into documentations, FRUs, Tooling, and training
- Participate in difficult beta and sustaining escalation efforts, analyze data from various sources, and work with divisional experts to provide a detailed action plan suitable for execution by Customer Service Engineer (CSE) and Technical Support Engineer (TSE)
- Leverage learning and knowledge across the Technical Support organization through training classes, scripts, coaching, documents and updating other knowledge capture tools
- Develop and promote the use of Merlin and Solution Point during Beta and released product phases
- Ensure that learning on current generation tools is captured and applied to next generation designs
- Work with Learning and Knowledge Services (LKS) to determine the training requirements for new products and/or upgrades. Train the trainer, and teach or co-teach initial courses. Audit service training courses to ensure their quality.
- Help to define a plan, implement and optimize the spare parts that will be stocked to support field shipments. This includes taking into account reliability, diagnostics, inventory holding cost, training level and other factors
- Prepare CoS models (bottom-up and top-down) during initial concept phase, and update them as new information is available. Apply results to help optimize design of diagnostics
- Work with Services Marketing to define Service Offerings, including analyzing market needs, forecasting CoS, and developing Sales support materials
- Help to define and optimize the Preventative Maintenance Schedule for systems.
- Help to prepare a product for obsolescence / transfer to Service Supply Chain Management (SSCM) ownership including closing known issues, disposition of inventory and transfer of documentation and knowledge
- Participate in NPI Best Practice teams to spread knowledge across product divisions.
- Perform hands-on work for integration of Alpha/Beta systems, including performing serviceability validation.
- Travel to Beta sites for support of new tool installations/upgrades, and for escalation support for new products. Travel can be up to 20%.
- Strong analytic and data analysis skills.
- Must be able to work with wide variety of technologies, including mechanics, electronics, optics and software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required and must work well in a team environment.
- Experience with Reliability Engineering a plus.
- Semiconductor Capital Equipment Manufacturing or Service experience highly preferable
- System level troubleshooting experience required
- Adept at methodical troubleshooting, including driving learning and standardization where appropriate
- Software programing experience in C#, Visual Basic, and XML a plus
- Experience with ECO and MRP systems, such as Enovia and SAP
Doctorate (Academic)ORBachelor's Level Degree with at least 3 years of experience.ORMaster's Level Degree with at least 2 years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.