This job posting is no longer active
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
The Film and Scatterometry Technology (FaST) Division provides industry leading metrology solutions for worldwide semiconductor IC manufacturers. The FaST Division portfolio of metrology products includes hardware and software solutions for optical film thickness, optical critical dimension (CD), composition, and resistivity measurement systems. These products are essential for the IC manufacturers as they provide critical metrology capabilities for the development and implementation of their advanced IC processes. The FaST division is committed to support our customers to achieve performance entitlement of our solution and we effectively partner with our customers from their early research and development phase to the high volume in-line manufacturing implementation specific for their process needs. The division consists of a global team located in US, Israel, China, and India.
- Lead small projects.
- Provide support during H2H, collaborations, beta projects, and gap analysis.
- Contribute to wafer test plan development for engagement projects with division.
- Execute detailed customer wafer characterization with minimal supervision.
- Respond to customer requests and perform routine to moderately complex problem diagnosis and problem resolution.
- Document technical solution and create best known methods (BKMs) on supported products.
- Lead preparation and demonstration of products to the customer base.
- Provide advanced operational training at least 1 times per 2 months to customers.
- Ph.D. or MS with 1-3 years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in engineering applications.
- Good working knowledge (implies understanding as well as the ability to apply theories and concepts in a variety of circumstances) of customer processing knowledge. Pass internal training timely.
- Good working knowledge of various applications.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic customer issues
- Strong communication skills especially technical writing skills.