This job posting is no longer active
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
The Optical Metrology Division products are used for optical overlay metrology. The portfolio of products includes unique solution packages which are based on hardware and software systems to enhance yield and effectiveness. As a world leader in its field of expertise, the division's products are the most advanced in performance (measurement accuracy of nanometers and below), reliability, ease of use and compatibility with other KLA's products. KLA (Israel) controls over 80% of the world market sales in its field, and its products are used by every major semiconductor manufacturer around the world. KLA Israel is located in the Migdal Haemek Industrial Park.
- Respond to routine customer requests.
- Provide technical support and execute detailed tool installation/upgrade test plans.
- Perform routine problem diagnosis and problem resolution for wafer characterization at customer site.
- Provide basic operational training to customers.
- Execute project with supervision from manager or project lead.
- Support preparation and demonstration of products to the customer base.
- Upon reaching L2 product certification, assist training activities of new engineers.
- Gather and feedback competitive information (when appropriate and feasible) to region RPM and/or TD.
- Gather gap analysis and fab profile information to region RPM and/or TD.
- Lead small projects.
- Provide support during H2H, collaborations, beta projects, and gap analysis.
- Contribute to wafer test plan development for engagement projects with division.
- Execute detailed customer wafer characterization with minimal supervision.
- Respond to customer requests and perform routine to moderately complex problem diagnosis and problem resolution.
- Document technical solution and create best known methods (BKMs) on supported products.
- Lead preparation and demonstration of products to the customer base.
- Provide advanced operational training to customers.
- MS/BS with 1-3 years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in engineering applications.
- Proficient in computer applications for data presentation and analysis.
- Ability to effectively convey ideas through oral and written communications.
- Proficient in the English language.
- Ability to multitask in a constantly changing work environment.
- Responsible working attitude and should be a team player.
- Good working knowledge (implies understanding as well as the ability to apply theories and concepts in a variety of
circumstances) of customer processing knowledge.
- Good working knowledge of various applications.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic customer issues
- Strong communication skills especially technical writing skills.
- IC Fab process development experience is a plus.
- Knowledge in defect detection, metrology, process control and yield management is a plus.