Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
The RAPID division is the world leading provider of reticle inspection solutions for the semiconductor industry. The company provides inspection solutions to both the mask shops and the semiconductor fabs to ensure that lithography yields are consistently high thus enabling cost-effective manufacturing.
The current project mix in the RAPID division provides a once-in-a-generation opportunity for an experienced mechatronics / servo engineer to play a central role in developing multiple mechatronic subsystems for a new-generation reticle inspection system.
The functions provided by these subsystems include beam stabilization, active vibration isolation, sub-nanometer-level metrology and nanometer-level position control.
Specific responsibilities will include:
1) Either performing or directing control / structural dynamic simulations
2) Evaluating the impact of measured disturbance sources on key optical and position control system elements
3) Specifying requirements for related system elements--structural stiffnesses, servo characteristics, etc.
4) Leading subsystem development from concept design through component selection, initial bench-level integration and final integration and test on the full inspection station
5) Characterize performance at the inspection station level, determine root cause of observed issues by a combination of test and analysis, and drive needed modifications / improvements
6) Follow the initial systems through Alpha test, delivery and Beta test at one or more customer sites.
Doctorate (Academic) with at least 5 years of experience.OR Master's Level Degree with at least 8 years of experience.OR Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 12 years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.