This job posting is no longer active
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
The RAPID division is the world leading provider of reticle inspection solutions for the semiconductor industry. The company provides inspection solutions to both the mask shops and the semiconductor fabs to ensure that lithography yields are consistently high thus enabling cost-effective manufacturing.
• KLA is seeking a talented and motivated senior/lead engineer to fill new position within the Electrical Engineering group.
• Our designs employ cutting edge combination of low noise analog to highly complex digital signal circuits, which are enabling our leading technology in the advancing semiconductor industry.
• We are seeking a highly motivated individual contributor, willing to take the initiative to provide technical leadership on the assigned project.
• The candidate needs to be able to investigate next generation EE technology and apply it to the development of the next generation highly complex systems; able to support the detailed analysis and tradeoffs for the various solutions and provide input on which solution to implement.
• The candidate needs to be able to develop concepts and designs for the next generation system:
1. Datapath requirements analysis
2. Datapath architecture design
3. Representing EE in other sub-system architecture and design reviews
4. Define interfaces with other critical sub-systems
These tasks will require working with other engineering groups such as ME, OE, SW, systems and manufacturing engineers to ensure flawless integration and test at the subsystem and system level.
• Successful candidate will be responsible for the complete design process, including requirements specification, feasibility studies, cost and scheduling, conducting various analysis, such as circuit, timing, thermal/cooling, electrical loads and FPGA modeling, conceptual and detailed design using design tools (OrCAD, PSpice, Xilinx FPGA development systems, etc...), detailed drawings, design review presentations, procurement of prototype parts, system integration, prototype testing, and handoff to manufacturing.
• The candidate is expected to be self-driven, independent and to possess excellent oral and written communication skills to successfully collaborate with our accomplished engineering team.
• Expertise in complex semiconductor captial equipemnt is a plus
• The candidate needs to have a strong knowledge of:
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.