KLA Corporation, a leading provider of process control and yield management solutions, partners with customers around the world to develop state-of-the-art inspection and metrology technologies. These technologies serve the semiconductor, data storage, LED, and other related nanoelectronics industries. With a portfolio of industry-standard products and a team of world-class engineers and scientists, the company has created superior solutions for its customers for more than 35 years. Headquartered in Milpitas, Calif., KLA has dedicated customer operations and service centers around the world. Additional information may be found at www.kla-tencor.com.
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
Central Engineering is KLA's largest engineering organization comprised of 9 Centers-of-Excellence (CoE) in various disciplines applied across all product groups in the company. These CoE include Handling & Automation, Precision Motion Control, Sensors & Image Acquisition, Platform Design, and Packaging Engineering, among others. Talent includes over 500 engineers across global centers in Israel, China, India, and the US. Each CoE contributes not just talent and deliverables per discipline toward product programs, but also subject matter expertise, best practices, roadmaps, specialized facilities, apparatus, models, and analytics. These differentiate KLA not only in WHAT we do, but also in HOW we do it.
The selected Software QA Engineer will join a world-class Product Quality Engineering team to plan, manage, execute, and report results for all testing activities for the team. He/She will be an effective team player and leader that will be responsible for the quality of all released products. He/She will be a strong process advocate with an acute attention to detail and desire to continually improve the testing process. He/She must be able to partner with other teams to resolve quality issues quickly.
Key Responsibilities includes;
- Should be able to understand IC Design and its use in developing wafer inspection solutions and test cases
- Developing detailed test cases covering all forms of testing (functional/requirements based, regression, performance, reliability) and execute for releases
- Ability to understand and develop test cases in new technologies like Deep Learning, machine learnings, web based applications, client server applications etc.Plan and develop the test design during test case development with focus on functional, system and end user requirements
- Ability to understand complex new features and its system level and user level use cases and design test objectives and test cases.
- Represent SQE team in product life cycle and key program meetings.
- Develop test strategies, test plans and test execution for complex software, hardware systems. Identify testing gaps and risks and work with functional teams to mitigate
- Should be willing to travel to customer sites as well as work during day and graveyard shift on a rotational basis. And Work with global team members (USA) on a daily basis
- Ability to technically interact with Algorithms, System Engineering, Application Engineering, Marketing and Manufacturing, Customer Support team for various needs across the globe. Interact with cross locational teams.
- Own escalations from customers and drive from Product quality team end.
other Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Participate in all stages of software development including deployment/trouble shooting at customer sites
- Executing manual and automated test cases
- Contribute to the quality of the solutions by identifying issues in architecture/design and implementation
- Factory Automation testing/ scripts.
- Reviews software design, change specifications, and plans against and/or process requirements.
- Reviews include applicable specifications, materials, tools, techniques, and methodologies.
- Performs or co-ordinates verification of software requirement allocations, traceability, and testability.
- Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains standards for quality operating methods, processes, systems and procedures.
- Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable quality standards.
- Ensures that project and process control documentation are compliant with requirements.
- Responsible for developing, applying, and maintaining quality standards for company products.
- Develops and executes software test plans. Analysis and writes test standards and procedures
- We seek the experience person any of the follow:
- From Semiconductor equipment companies, we need strong experience in product or Software designing/testing/characterizing in an engineering capacity.
- From Design companies, we need Software/design engineers and technical professionals that work closely with our customers to understand design related features, use cases and solutions for wafer inspection and architect the testing environment for those features/solutions.
- Product based companies, we need strong product qualification engineers that work closely with our systems, hardware, software development, manufacturing team to impact design for quality, reliability and scalable solutions/features.
- Passion for Software Quality and Technology
- BE/BS/BTech degree with at least 4-7 years of SW Testing experience in product based companies
- M.Tech/MS degree with 2-4 years of experience in core product companies
- Excellent analysis and systematic troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Should be willing to travel to customer sites/ global offices (10%-20% time.
- Results-oriented, with emphasis on attention to detail
- Experience with large integrated HW/SW systems and semiconductor equipment applications
- Ability to react well to changes, multi-task on multiple projects
- Must be strong self-starter, pay attention to detail, work with global teams
- Knowledge of KLA specific or general semiconductor domain
- Experience in working in Agile SCRUM Teams
- Proven software quality control experience using Standard Software Development Life Cycle Process / Methodology
- Familiarity with automation tools such as SECSIM Pro, CCSEnvoy a plus
- Working experience in SEMI Automation Standard (E40, E87, E94, E116) is a plus