Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The EBEAM division, designs and manufactures Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) equipment for wafer inspection (fast defect finding) and ultra-high resolution defect review. Each product's life cycle is about 2 years from early development to release. The market for e-beam inspection and review is expected to have strong growth in the next few years, complementing and supplementing light optical wafer inspection .
- Develop and document designs for electron optics systems/subsystems from concept to completion and final release to manufacturing.
- Produce mechanical system/subsystem specifications in order to meet performance requirements.
- Design, modify parts or large scale assemblies using ProEngineer.
- Create detailed drawings using ProEngineer to be used for the manufacture of assemblies and components.
- Participate/lead design reviews, error budget development, risk assessment and mitigation.
- Perform structural and thermal FEA using ProMechanica.
- Evaluate vendor components, develop specifications, analyze/select materials and verify design accuracy.
- Define test plans, perform testing and write test reports.
- Document testing, manufacturing and assembly procedures.
- Work with outside vendors and consultants to develop, analyze and fabricate components and subassemblies.
- Provide effective presentation and written evaluations to communicate concepts, designs, test results, etc.
- Direct experience designing systems/subsystems used for electron optics such as deflectors, objective lenses, vacuum chambers, gate valves, in vacuum positioning, etc.
- Familiarity with mechanical designs used for electron optics systems, wafer transport and high/ultra high vacuum systems is a must.
- Ability to develop/conceptualize mechanical system/subsystems based on a set of requirements.
- Familiarity with materials, manufacturing and cleaning processes used for making components for electron optics systems.
- Should be able to perform basic structural and thermal FEA using either ProMechanica or SolidWorks Simulation. The ability to perform complex analysis is a plus.
- Must have experience designing parts and assemblies for use in high and ultra high vacuum and in high voltage environment.
- Must be able to create 3D part/assembly models and detail drawings for fabrication per best practices using ProE. Should be able to perform tolerance analysis on designs to ensure budgets are met. Should have a thorough understanding of GD&T standards.
- Working knowledge of vibration is a plus
- Must be able to work with team members and with outside contractors, consultants, and machine shops.
- Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 8 years of experience. OR
- Master's Level Degree with at least 6 years of experience. OR
- Doctorate (Academic) with at least 3 years of experience. OR
- Equivalent Industry Experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.