This job posting is no longer active
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
The RAPID division is the world leading provider of reticle inspection solutions for the semiconductor industry. The company provides inspection solutions to both the mask shops and the semiconductor fabs to ensure that lithography yields are consistently high thus enabling cost-effective manufacturing.
Electronic packaging for customer value development including: printed circuit boards, chassis level, and system level. The candidate should be able to work autonomously, be process driven, have strong design skills, successful technical subcontract management experience, experience with semiconductor equipment ideally, ability to work in cross functional teams.
- Project plan development including schedules and preliminary budgets
- Support electrical engineering team members in making packaging related trade offs
- Flow down requirements to subcontractors/vendors
- Tool follorplan and Cleanroom layout planning
- Work with facilities and manufacturaing operations on developing needed onsite manufacturaing floorspace and tool florrspace at customer sites
- Plan to meet SEMI and safety regulatulations
- vendor selection and management
- Material selection
- Concept, detailed design, and documentation using Pro/Engineer
- Guide work of external consultants and contractors
- Generate proposals for customer specific product modifications
- Evaluate detailed capabilities of subcontractors, determining the viability of their proposed methods
- Mentor lower level engineers
- Sensitivity to cost, serviceability, manufacturability, and reliability are all considerations for this role
Technical/Functional Core Competencies
- Specification and requirements generation
- Component-level mechanical design
- System-level mechanical design
- Design for Thermal
- Design for Structural analysis
- Cleanliness/airflow analysis and test
- Mechanical design for EMI/EMC
- Present in design reviews. act as team member in design reviews
- Vendor selection and technical support
- Electronic packaging design: chassis, PCB board
- Cooling of electronics
- Experiment design and execution
- ECO generation
- Procedure generation and new product introduction (NPI)
- System integration and test
Challenges for this job:
This position will bridge several technical disciplines including: precision mechanical, opto-mech, electrical, systems. The requirements for many of the tasks can be very vague so the candidate would then be responsible for bringing the stakeholders together in order to make a decision. This job requires very good system level knowledge and quick learning. The candidate will need to be capable of leading integration in the factory and system installations at customer sites.
- 7+ years of experience in system-level mechanical design
- Hands-on ability
- Proficient in Pro/Engineer / Creo / Windchill
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical design principles, material selection, thermal management systems, electronic packaging (system, chassis, PCB)
- Must be able to cross functional boundaries to ensure customer and company goals are met
- Familiarity with semiconductor regulatory design desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven capability of presenting to high-level customers, suppliers, and internal reviewers
- Successfully completed projects
- Can work to deadlines/schedules
- Education: BSME required, MSME desired
- Successful experience with design and production ramp of electronic packaging from level 0 on up
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.