Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The selected individual will establish the Office of Corporate Communications & Brand Management and own corporate communications and brand strategy to evolve and transform KLA’s market-leading brand and narrative for the future. This role requires an individual who can combine a vision with a strong mind for operations, execution, and growth. Scope includes market research, competitive analysis, management of staff, budgets and timelines, managing outside agency relationships, community engagement efforts and events; identifying press opportunities, publishing press releases, crafting newsletters, driving social media strategies, executing marketing campaigns, serving as a spokesperson for KLA, planning public events, and building relationships with external stakeholders. The position will report to KLA’s Chief Strategy Officer. This role can be based in Milpitas, CA or Ann Arbor, MI.
- Establish a cohesive communications and brand vision in partnership with executive leadership, drive the systematic execution, and ensure effectiveness of the function
- Design and implement global brand strategy, including rebrand positioning, look and feel, creative approach, and tone of voice
- Create a companywide brand framework, impactful and relevant brand storyline, messaging and visuals
- Work with a global mindset to ensure adoption and use unified brand messaging across the entire organization
- Work with department and functional leaders to develop communication strategies in support of company growth, including Talent Acquisition strategies and new Services and Markets
- Create systems, processes, and methods for systematically integrating and harmonizing future brands acquired through acquisitions
- Lead internal and external engagements with third-party brand partners to ensure consistency and alignment with brand and communication practices
- Own brand initiatives and success metrics; provide senior executives and Board of Directors with performance data to drive business decisions
- In collaboration with key regions, develop and drive brand-building programs to share and demonstrate KLA’s brand in action
- Play lead role in the development and ongoing management and governance of key corporate digital assets, including company Intranets, company websites, social media platforms and, in partnership with other communications groups (e.g. investor relations, product marketing communications); this includes brand identity, policies, procedures, guidelines, and training
- Manage communication asset creation, publishing and consumption tracking. These assets encompass a broad range of content, presentations, newsletters, trade show booth assets, and videos, including technical materials
- Conduct comprehensive research of brand management platforms and Digital Asset Management systems and propose and deliver a unified and scalable global system for managing all media types (image assets, video, webcasts, print, etc.) delivered through multiple channels
- Manage, lead, and inspire a high-performing team, including establishing and communicating goals, hiring and/or developing staff, assigning areas of accountability, setting objectives, establishing priorities, and managing to success
- Manage master communications and campaign calendar including all delivery channels, events and social media outlets
- Provide inspiration on a visual level; refine designs; lend a critical eye to all creative, structural, and technical output
- Lead strategic planning, oversee budgets and forecasts for the department; conduct quarterly budget reviews; achieve targets
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred, and 15+ years of relevant brand marketing and creative experience in large, established corporate environment; prefer a mix of experience in an in-house leadership role in a B2B technology company and agency experience
- Strong executive presence with ability to partner with C-level executives and collaborate with and influence diverse groups at all levels in a matrixed environment
- Superior sense of brand and editorial voice; the ability to harmonize message across multiple brand assets and communication vehicles
- Demonstrated leadership with strong personal presence who demonstrates initiative, is results-oriented, and acts with a sense of urgency
- Experience hiring, leading, managing and coaching a high-performing communications and branding team
- Expertise in digital marketing strategies (and ideally mobile and social) channels; proven ability to generate innovative and effective content strategy that builds awareness, intent and conversion)
- Demonstrated success in effectively leading a major rebranding effort preferred
- Comfortable with ambiguity - able to establish strategic direction and implement effectively in a global, matrixed organization
- Visionary Leadership: Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust. Provides vision and inspiration to peer and subordinates; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Strategic Thinking: Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses: Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Change Management: Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages all staff and vendor relationships related to Communication & Brand Strategy. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these positions. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, coaching and correcting performance of employees when necessary according to established standards.
- Managing People: Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Take responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Humble: Lack excessive ego or concerns about status. Quick to point out the contributions of others and slow to seek attention for self. Shares credit emphasizes team over self and define success collectively rather than individually.
- Smart: Have common sense about people. Tend to know what is happening in a group situation and how to deal with others in the most effective way. Demonstrates good judgment and intuition around the subtleties of group dynamics and the impact of their words and actions.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquires or complaints. Ability to write presentations and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or Board of Directors.
In addition, the ideal candidate will be a team builder, team player, and a coach. Personal drive, passion, industriousness, results-orientation, and enthusiasm are essential. The Global Head of Corporate Communications & Brand Management must bring:
- Ability to anticipate the unknown by drawing on vast experiences, willingness to see past the present and continually innovate ad create new ways to remain at the forefront of brand management
- Leadership ability which attracts talent, creates loyalty, trust, and following. One who can energize people and teams, and make cross-functional and cross-business cooperation happen. This individual must be highly respected by subordinates, peers, and superiors
- A combination of personality traits – collaboration, honesty, integrity, intensity, passion and a low ego – necessary to blend with the rest of the executive management team
- A compelling leadership style that includes exceptional people management skills, program management, business and technology expertise with a style that inspires confidence in KLA and our services
- An effective communication style that is direct, structured, and succinct. One how can articulate complex concepts in a clear and simple manner and can adjust communication based on the technical expertise of the audience. Must have experience effectively presenting to a seasoned audience including the senior leadership team and board of directors
- A hands-on and entrepreneurial style – one that looks to become personally involved in all elements of managing their functional responsibility, and someone who seeks to develop like-minded senior managers with similar capabilities
- The intellect and the executive presence to become a true business partner across the corporation – someone who is capable of contributing to broader business conversations beyond their functional expertise
- Organizational savvy to solicit the involvement of others to build a sense of ownership. Must have the confidence to act quickly and decisively when the market requires such agility
- Master's Level Degree with at least 12 years of experience OR
- Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 14 years of experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.