Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
As a service product engineer in our field office, the selected individual will be involved in the following responsibilities:
- Actively engage in improving KLA-Tencor's advanced semiconductor electron beam systems, and the service teams which support them and work in a globe-spanning team.
- Gain a systems-engineering level knowledge of highly complex, leading edge systems by working with the product engineering and service teams. The systems include ebeam, electronics, mechanical components, custom software and algorithms.
- Play a large role in assessing products with respect to design for reliability, stability, and serviceability
- Participate in the development and testing of system diagnostics and specification validation
- Act as a two-way conduit for information transfer between the engineers who are responsible for designing our products and field service teams who are responsible for product maintenance and support
- Gather and analyze data from systems' populations at customer sites to identify sources of systematic issues, including technical, process, and people-based issues
- Help develop and document technical service procedures
- Train support personnel such as tech support and field service engineers
- Develop new training materials which may include written documents, video tutorials and on-line web based training.
- Respond to situations where field service engineers have failed to resolve complex system performance problems, by providing written plans of action by e-mail or onsite hands-on assistance at customer sites in US, Asia, and Europe
- Write technical reports to communicate issues, analysis, technical assessments, system status, best-know-methods, and engineering recommendations
- Take a proactive approach to improving service quality and profitability
- BSEE/ME/OE (or equivalent) with 5+ years related experience; Graduate degree a plus.
- Must have electronic, electromechanical, high voltage, and vacuum skills in troubleshooting complex systems issues.
- Strong communications and project management skills desired.
- Proven ability to service heavy equipment within acceptable ergonomic standards desired. Semiconductor capital equipment support experience preferred.
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Results-oriented and driven to excel.
- Enjoys teaching, troubleshooting, working with groups of people, and explaining complex things as simply as possible.
- Strong analytic and data analysis skills.
- Experience with analytical software such as Matlab or JMP is desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary, multicultural teams and to take a leadership role when needed.
- Quick grasp of challenging, complex technical information.
- Natural curiosity, inventiveness, and an interest in making things work better.
- Doctorate (Academic) with at least 2 years of experience OR
- Master's Level Degree with at least 4 years of experience OR
- Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 5 years of experience