Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
The Surfscan group includes a team of engineers, technology development, apps engineers and product marketing focused on technology that enables wafer, IC and equipment manufacturers to develop, qualify and monitor their process tools. Defects and process non-uniformities detected on Surfscan equipment allow for early identification of yield excursions.
The flagship Surfscan products include the SPx platforms for wafer surface quality and wafer defect inspection tools and systems for inspection of polished wafers, epi wafers and engineered substrates during the wafer fabrication process.
• Execute detailed characterization or field test plans with supervision
• Respond to routine customer requests.
• Perform routine problem diagnosis and problem resolution for characterization, demos, or field projects.
• Participate on conference calls with field apps engineers to help evaluate and resolve tool issues.
• Assist with report preparation
• Publish monthly field reports.
• Upon reaching L2 product certification, assist during training activities of new engineers.
• Layer owner during routine demos.
• Lead small projects.
• Provide support during H2H, PLC, alpha characterization, beta testing, and gap analysis.
• Contribute to test plan development.
• Execute detailed characterization or field test plans with minimal supervision.
• Respond to customer requests and perform routine to moderately complex problem diagnosis and problem resolution.
• Document technical work and create best known methods (BKMs) on released products.
• Develop training modules and conduct training for new engineers.
• Layer owner during moderately complex demos.
BS degree (Science or Engineering) or equivalent combination of education and experience in engineering applications.
• Understands and relates standard engineering principles, concepts and techniques to immediate work assignments.
• Proficient in the English language.
• Proficient in computer applications for data presentation and analysis.
• Ability to effectively convey ideas through oral and written communications.
• Ability to multitask in a constantly changing work environment.