Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The Global Products Group (GPG) is KLA’s primary products and engineering solutions organization which consists of all wafer inspection tools (e.g. Broadband Plasma, Surfscan, CIRCL, etc.), metrology/patterning tools (e.g. SpectraShape, 5D, Archer, Aleris, WaferSight PWG, etc.), and reticle inspection (e.g. Teron, etc.).
GPG is made up of many of KLA’s best and brightest engineering talent, and they continue to innovate and expand the boundaries of yield management solutions. In addition to the impressive portfolio of products mentioned above, other key engineering groups reside in GPG, including Artificial Intelligence, Central Engineering, Klarity, KT Analyzer, ICOS, SensArray, EBeam tools/technologies, LMS IPRO, and others.
As the head of engineering for KLA at the Ann Arbor R&D center, this position holds (but not limited to) the following responsibilities:
- Provide strategic technical leadership
- Own the technology strategy & roadmap and execution for the site for multiple product portfolios and Artificial Intelligence advancements, ensure meeting business needs
- Own the site growth strategy and execution to build and lead an approximately 300-person engineering organization of multiple engineering disciplines (Optics, Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Systems, Algorithms, Research Scientists, etc.), ensure alignment with the rest of the company at all time
- Provide technical leadership in day-to-day operations related to engineering execution
- Provide guidance and support to technical function teams, program managers and/or product owners
- Ensure results from advanced research & development, product sustaining and support, deliver technology advancement, products, and overall business objectives on time and within budget
- Contribute to relationships and recruitment management in the Midwest Ecosystem
- Build a strong relationship with academia community, university administrative functions, and local community in the Midwest region
- Contribute technically in building a strong presence and the brand name recognition for KLA in the region
- Ensure technical quality of on-going campus recruitment
- Recruit productively of high quality talents from Midwest, for the site and the rest of company
- Work with the rest of company
- Collaborate with the cross functional team and be a key member of the site leadership team
- Stay connected and aligned with HQ management
- Connect with worldwide technical communities at KLA, creatively find collaboration opportunities and integrate the site focus with key initiatives on global scale
- Work closely with other relevant parties at KLA, such as marketing, sales, operations, service to optimize efficiency and effectiveness in execution
- Grow and lead the team
- Grow the team on site quickly (anticipated to grow to approximately 300 in engineering by 2023)
- Be the inspiration to the team
- Plan and allocate resource effectively to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity
- Ph.D in computer science or disciplines for hardware engineering
- MBA emphasized in high tech industry
- 10+ years technical leadership experience in semiconductor industry
- 5+ years of experience of working with executives on high level strategic planning and working with team to execute
- Extensive experience in design and applications of KLA products strongly preferred
- Great interpersonal skills and a relationship builder
- Ability to create, grow, and motivate a high-performance, cross-functional team
- Proven ability to excel in fast pace environment, rapidly grow the organization to meet business needs
- Ability to communicate effectively to people at all levels in the company
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Doctorate (Academic) with at least 11 years of experience OR
- Master's Level Degree with at least 13 years of experience OR
- Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 14 years of experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.