This job posting is no longer active
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The Global Install Team is responsible for installing new KLA products at the customer site.
This position is designed to create repeatable results under varying circumstances by delivering low cost, high quality installations and upgrades of KLA products.
The general function of this job is to perform and ensure completion of all activities required to handoff a KLA system that meets or exceeds all criteria that was pre-defined by KLA and the customer.
These activities will include, but are not limited to: site surveys, pre-installation, installation, troubleshooting, acceptance, training, and handoff of the product.
The candidate must be able to communicate with customers, sales, division engineering, local field service representatives, and manufacturing.
1. Install or upgrade newly purchased products.
2. Hold pre-installation meetings with the customer to scope customer unique requirements then create plans of action to measure and satisfy the unique needs. Execute plans of action and validate deliverables with the customer.
3. Install system to meet KLA specifications through conformance testing according to procedures.
4. Perform supplemental applications testing to approve operational quality of the system.
5. Troubleshoot complex system issues in a timely manner using abstract thought, data analysis, 7-step problem solving methodology and other available tools to repair and correct those issues and achieve compliance to KLA specifications and other customer requirements.
6. Manage project escalations across customer, region, and various factory resources to meet committed customer milestones.
7. Meet with local region representatives to review conformance test data and receive regional hand off.
8. Meet with customer to facilitate warranty signoff after the activity is complete.
9. Achieve cycle time cost targets through management of contributing factors such as parts usage, cross-charges, escalation support and travel expenses.
10. Manage customer satisfaction through pre-activity meetings, routine update meetings, escalation meetings, post-activity meetings, and warranty meetings.
11. Document installation issues through a remote database management system.
12. Communicate installation status through daily pass down and web-based reporting systems.
13. Provide training in the operation and maintenance of the system to install engineers, region service engineers, and customers.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL:
BSEE or equivalent relevant experience.
5 + years industry related experience.
English Language + Local Language (for non-US positions) Fluency (reading and writing) + Japanese (Nice to Have)
Previous experience on KLA Rapid or BBP equipment preferred.
Ability to travel approximately 90% of the year and up to 60 days at a time.
Previous travel experience with ability to secure appropriate travel documentation.
Must obtain KLA certification within 6 months as well as maintain ongoing certification.
Microsoft Office Proficiency.
Flexible - Inquisitive individual that welcomes change
Works well under tight deadlines - must handle high pressure situations with level headed grace
Autonomous – Able to work in alone and in unstructured environments
Team player - Work with multiple countries, teams and management levels to achieve deliverables
Strong Analytical skills - Troubleshooting, Project Management, Business Savvy
Strong Interpersonal skills - Friendly, Culturally sensitive, Highly Communicative, Non-confrontational, Capable of Conflict Resolution. Advanced analytical skills. Advanced mechanical aptitude