This job posting is no longer active
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
Central Engineering is KLA's largest engineering organization comprised of 9 Centers-of-Excellence (CoE) in various disciplines applied across all product groups in the company. These CoE include Handling & Automation, Precision Motion Control, Sensors & Image Acquisition, Platform Design, and Packaging Engineering, among others. Talent includes over 500 engineers across global centers in Israel, China, India, and the US. Each CoE contributes not just talent and deliverables per discipline toward product programs, but also subject matter expertise, best practices, roadmaps, specialized facilities, apparatus, models, and analytics. These differentiate KLA not only in WHAT we do, but also in HOW we do it.
Software Quality Engineering (SQE) is a functional organization in KLA-Tencor’s Central engineering group which serves all wafer inspection products in qualifying the products and qualifying to release the differentiated products to help our customers.
SQE is seeking Product qualification engineers in our Chennai, India campus to enhance our Quality team.
The selected Software QA Engineer will join a world-class software team to plan, manage, execute, and report results for all qualification activities for the team. He/She will be an effective team player and leader that will be responsible for the quality of all released products. He/She will be a strong process advocate with an acute attention to detail and desire to continually improve the Qualification process. He/She must be able to partner with other functional teams to resolve quality issues quickly.
Key Responsibilities includes;
1. Product qualification comprising system, algo and Software, this includes ability to design test cases, test execution and publishing results.
2. Ability to understand end to end systems and user scenarios and leverage the knowledge for product qualification and to develop training materials.
3. Ability to technically interact with Algorithms, System Engineering, Application Engineering, Marketing and Manufacturing, Customer Support team for various requirements across the globe. Interact with cross locational teams.
4. Travel to customer fabrication facilities to understand customer use cases for better in-house product qualification, for deploying SW and troubleshooting.
5. Ability to understand and develop test cases for products developed with new technologies like Deep Learning, machine learnings etc.
6. Participate in all stages of software development including deployment/trouble shooting at customer sites. Represent Quality Engineering team in product life cycle and key program meetings.
• Must have Master's Level Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Engineering or related fields.
• Must have excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skill. Must also be self-driven, yet a strong team player
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Background in IC processing/Semiconductor equipment is a plus.
• Must be desiring to travel and enjoy working in other cultures.