This job posting is no longer active
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The ICOS Vision Systems division focuses on the backend of the line semiconductor industry providing fully automated tools to inspect and sort, finished integrated circuit packages. For more than 15 years, ICOS has been a market leader with tray-to-tray and tray-to-tape inspection and sorting tools found in the production facilities of all major chipmakers in the world. Our market-leading technology and superior customer service requires strong talent in optics, machine control, algorithms and applications within our engineering teams. The ICOS division headquarters are in Leuven, Belgium with additional engineering and manufacturing operations in Hong Kong and Shenzhen, China.
As part of the Product Development Engineering team you play a key role in the design and development of our Inspection and Metrology tools. In your role you will work on the integration, automation and optimization of the handler with the optical and SW building blocks and will hence work closely together with Mechanical design, Hardware, Optics and SW teams.
Your work involves System design and Integration:
• Analyze customer requirements for handling and inspection
• Based on requirements, propose potential SW/HW solutions
• Understand, analyze, (re-)define, implement, validate and roll out complex material handling flows, preferably including the detailed micro-sequences
• Write PLC level test sequences for mockup validation. Once the system is proven, translate these sequences into SW requirements.
• Write software requirement documents and coordinate software development for automated inspection and handling
• Challenge existing concepts and drive speed improvement solutions in all engineering fields (mechanical, electrical, pneumatical, software, …)
• Build and test setups for spec validation and critical parameter analysis
• Integrate tested modules/building blocks in the tool and assess the impact of the integration on the overall machine performance
• Confirm high speed Pick and Place handling capabilities at key customers on site
• Release the new products to manufacturing and provide procedures and documentation for overall production
As a Product Development Engineer, you will work according to the following core principles:
• Understand the whole problem before you try to solve it
• Translate the problem into measurable requirements
• Examine all feasible alternatives before selecting a solution
• Make sure you consider the total system life cycle. The birth to death concept extends to maintenance, replacement and decommission
• Make sure to test the total system before delivering it.
• Document everything
MS degree or BS degree with outstanding skill in electro-mechanical, electronics, software or mechanical engineering.
• Preferably with 8+ years relevant experience in a system engineering role in a high-end equipment company, covering some of following technical domains: machine conceptual and mechanical design, setting up specifications, PLC controller hardware and software design, user interface, SW (describing, testing of flows), conversion, test protocols, debugging, characterization, manage improvement projects
• Strong analytical capabilities
• Programming skills are a plus (PLC controllers, C, C++ Python, VBA,…)
• Independent thinking, challenging existing ideas and approaches
• Hands-on, self-organized, taking initiative and ownership
• Willing to work in a small and dynamic team
• Occasional travel within Asia & Europe
• Malaysia based (Seremban, Melaka, KL area), willing to commute to Seremban
• Fluent in English