Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The vision of KLA’s global human resources organization is to become a leader and partner to operating leadership in support of the company’s efforts to achieve its strategic growth, customer and operating objectives through strategic talent management. Our mission is to enable the business, and leverage human resources to achieve short and long-term business objectives. Our primary areas of strategic focus include talent acquisition, individual and organizational assessment and development, performance management, inclusion and engagement, and rewards.
The global HR organization includes HR business partners, learning and development, talent acquisition, compensation and benefits, employee communications, and HR system operations.
KLA is seeking an HR Generalist in our new Ann Arbor, Michigan location. Reporting to the Senior Director of Talent Acquisition, we are seeking a proactive and creative HR professional, with a high tolerance for ambiguity to join the KLA Global HR team. We are a diverse, dynamic and persevering team that aims to be better, in an environment that is customer-focused, and with an approach that is transparent and forthright.
As an HR Generalist, you will be responsible for working closely with the Site Leader and collaborating cross-functionally with Global Talent Acquisition, Compensation & Benefits, HR Systems, Operations & Analytics, Learning & OD, Internal Communications, Diversity & Inclusion, and HR Business Partner teams to support the ramp-up of our new site. Your responsibilities will include building and supporting programs to enable the Company to scale and achieve its growth plans for the site - meeting talent acquisition goals, successfully on-boarding new employees, enabling them to assimilate the Company culture and values, administering compensation & benefits programs, managing employee relations and training, implementing HR programs locally and reporting back to HR and key partners in the business on progress against deliverables and metrics.
- Support Talent Acquisition goals for the site – ensure jobs are properly opened, published and approved in PeopleSoft, source candidates on a global scale, pre-screen and shortlist candidates and provide a strong pipeline of qualified candidates, schedule phone and on-site interviews, work with the company’s travel agency to schedule candidate travel, document candidate evaluation and interview process, coordinate employment offers and engage candidates throughout the process for a positive experience.
- Participate in college recruiting activities and other industry events.
- Manage/verify employee records and ensure key on-boarding processes are fulfilled, including entering necessary information into the HR Information System.
- Perform customer service functions by answering employee emails and phone calls pertaining to HR matters, Open and close out HR tickets in Service Now, and provide support for inquiries related to HR applications, benefits, compensation, staffing and learning.
- Conduct mini new hire orientations, including collecting I-9 form and other related documents with employees, processing employee terminations and conducting exit interviews.
- Generate reports from various HR systems and maintain employee files
- Design and administer proactive programs, procedures and plans related to employee relations activities.
- Execute and deploy company-wide human resources initiatives.
- Support managers in completing and implementing performance management tools, and rewards & recognition programs.
- Implement and execute an annual training plan - work with managers on specification of training needs; administer training sessions, workshops and certifications etc. Work with The Corporate Learning Center to initiate training programs for employees.
- Problem-solve and track employee HR issues and/or appropriately escalate them. Provide guidance and training to managers and employees on employee relations issues.
- Conduct investigations, terminations, and reductions-in-force, as necessary.
- Compile data and information and report on key metrics.
- Ensure legal requirements are met in terms of employee relations to minimize exposure to liability. May respond to EEOC charges and claims.
- Support the site leadership with all Human Resources activities.
- Bachelor’s in Human Resources or related field with 3-5 years’ relevant experience, or a Master’s degree in Human Resources or related field with 1-2 years’ relevant experience or strong Internship experience in the Talent Management domain. Experience working in a global hi-tech environment is an advantage.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and influence key partners at all levels through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Excellent ability to put complex processes into clear recommendations, using data to generate insights and recommendations, and metrics to measure program performance against operational goals.
- Willing and able to work in a team environment and be adept at taking initiative and staying motivated and optimistic even in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to remain flexible within a highly dynamic changing environment and still deliver on deadlines.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in handling telephone calls and emails, routing them to others or dealing with them on own initiative when appropriate.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills, including demonstrated success interacting with both internal and external customers.
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to travel to remote US and global sites, as needed. The position may involve domestic and international travel, up to 25%.
- Master's Level Degree OR
- Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 1 years of experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.