Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
1. Evaluates, analyzes, diagnoses and troubleshoots technical equipment problems via telephone or at customer site. Ensures equipment enhances customer production. Repairs and updates equipment at customer facility.
2. Repairs of system level problems (which have multiple causes and for which no standard procedures exist) are based on CSE's technical knowledge, education, training and certification
3. CSE's may access and determine the problems existing in customers' processes such as chemical leaks or contamination, and as a result may recommend shutdown of customer fab due to unsafe conditions.
4. Prepares fields service reports on customer support activity and provides documentation to other supporting functions supporting functions on re-occurring problems.
5. Assists in the preparation of quotes for customers based on labor, travel expenses incurred and parts needed. CSE's use discretion and assist regional admin in preparing quotes based on reason for equipment failure, time to prepare etc.
6. Assists other field service engineers as appropriate.
7. Travels by car or commercial transportation to customer facility.
8. Contribute to the Capturing, Re-use, Collaboration, and Improvement of knowledge using available systems
9. Provides guidance and technical assistance to Installation Engineer on installations at customer sites or on installing/dismantling demonstration machines.
10. Conducts customer orientation and technical training on all aspects of equipment maintenance support for user applications.
11. Prepares quotes for customers based on labor, travel expenses incurred and parts needed. CSE's use discretion and assist regional admin in preparing quotes based on reason for equipment failure, time to prepare etc.
12. Cross trains and assists other field service engineers as appropriate. Provides guidance and technical assistance to Installation Engineer on installations at customer sites or on installing/dismantling demonstration machines. Also provides guidance to less senior CSE's.
13. Checks out and approves operational quality of system equipment.
14. Works on extremely complex problems where analysis of situations and/or data is required to resolve the problem.
15. Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
16. Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
17. Cross trains, instructs and assists other field service engineers as appropriate. Provides technical leadership by assigning work and resolving problems.
18. Able to identify and prioritize work related activities
19. Works in a team with Technical Support Engineer and Division Engineering to resolve customer problems/escalations
Degree / Diploma