Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The vision of KLA’s global human resources organization is to become a leader and partner to operating leadership in support of the company’s efforts to achieve its strategic growth, customer and operating objectives through strategic talent management. Our mission is to enable the business, and leverage human resources to achieve short and long-term business objectives. Our primary areas of strategic focus include talent acquisition, individual and organizational assessment and development, performance management, inclusion and engagement, and rewards.
The global HR organization includes HR business partners, learning and development, talent acquisition, compensation and benefits, employee communications, and HR system operations.
We are looking for a reliable, agile-learner and customer-oriented EHS Engineer to ensure customer fab working environmental security/safety/6S/PIP management and oversee EHS administration, coordinate Taiwan region EHS operation, and all customer fab related activities & meeting.
【Responsibility and Customer Fab Management】
1. Be responsible for ensuring that company is in compliance with all customer fab regulatory requirement
2. Be responsible for ensuring that employee are properly trained regarding company-specific and customer EHS and IP requirements. Training responsibilities may involve conducting safety / IP orientations, weekly EHS/IP meetings, periodic safety meetings and formal training sessions on a wide range of safety/IP-related topics.
3. Creating, maintaining and communicating safety-related policies and procedures, as well as ensuring that they are followed.
4. Be proactively involved in ensuring that proper practices are observed on the workplace(customers fab). Frequently perform safety inspections in fab and observe working conditions, equipment and employee behaviors to identify saf ety problems and take corrective action.
5. Audit-record keeping and data-analysis for improvement and communication to team
6. Act as contact window among external/internal customer and EHS team
Qualifications / Requirements