This job posting is no longer active
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The vision of KLA’s global human resources organization is to become a leader and partner to operating leadership in support of the company’s efforts to achieve its strategic growth, customer and operating objectives through strategic talent management. Our mission is to enable the business, and leverage human resources to achieve short and long-term business objectives. Our primary areas of strategic focus include talent acquisition, individual and organizational assessment and development, performance management, inclusion and engagement, and rewards.
The global HR organization includes HR business partners, learning and development, talent acquisition, compensation and benefits, employee communications, and HR system operations.
We are looking for a responsible senior safety engineer to facilitate compliance with occupational health and safety (OHS) guidelines. You will provide advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations. You will also be on a constant lookout for violations.
The ideal candidate will be a responsible individual who swears by OSH regulations. Your work will be largely focused on prevention so you need to be conscientious and farsighted. The ideal candidate will also be detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies.
The goal is to establish a safe workplace according to legal standards and foster a culture of attention to health and safety.
• Support the development of OHS policies and programs
• In response to Internal & External CSR Reports and Questionnaires
• Partner with fab safety engineers on required EHS execution and deploy regular review and communication to both internal and external customers
• Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
• Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
• Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
• Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and executives
• Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
• Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
• Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
• Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
• Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
• Proven experience as safety professional
• In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EAP) and procedures
• Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
• Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
• Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
• Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Diligent with great attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
• BSc/BA in safety management, engineering or relevant field is preferred
• Certificate in occupational health and safety