Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
KLA has manufacturing sites across the globe, including Belgium, China, Germany, Israel, Singapore and Milpitas (CA). The Global Operations (GOPS) team, comprised of Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Installation, and Quality, is responsible for manufacturing our leading-edge technology. We partner with our world-wide supply base and our design engineering teams to bring new products to market. The GOPS team is continuously working to deliver product and spares parts Better, Faster,
Product Spares Management
- Help architect and lead a supply chain operation that supports efficiency by driving best practices and global scalability of processes and systems
- Leads organization to develop and maintain Spares Plan for product lines to meet Fill Rate targets and customer commitments throughout the product line's lifecycle. Drive plans and monitors spare parts service level performance and inventory to meet product business objectives consistent with business strategy, inventory goals, customer requirements, and product’s lifecycle. Pro-actively investigates and drives action to address issues impacting Fill Rate performance, inventory and expenses.
- Collaborates with Product Support Organization, Factories, and Product Engineering to identify issues that may impact the spare parts plan including ECO’s, quality, install base changes, and other non-recurring use. Modifies plan based on product life cycle and changing business strategy.
- Learn and apply knowledge of company business requirements, market dynamics and trends, and suppliers’ capabilities to effectively manage supply chain relationships impacting the service spares plan; including - Lead complex part continuity issues and transition management impacting field parts stocking.
- Work closely with GSS leadership to improve operations by creating proactive and predictive systems and processes that increase efficiency for customers, vendors, and the company
Analytics and Optimization
- Define roadmap to scale processes and systems by leveraging data and systems to increase efficiency through analytics and automation
- Partner with IT and GSS partners in the development of predictive analytics to improve Service operations and executive decision-making around spare parts
- Synthesize data from multiple sources (KLA systems and vendors’) to deliver value-added research studies, then draw upon and communicate insights in a concise and meaningful business-oriented manner to GOPS and GSS leadership
- Lead and help architect supply chain innovations, including cross-functional, cross-regional teams to design and implement end-to-end supply chain systems, network design, and architecture strategies
- Identify opportunities for improvement with systems and tools with goal of increased agility while reducing total cost-of-service and driving efficiencies in the end to end service supply chain
- Team first, while driving efficient operation of the group and functions
- Communicate strategic direction to the organization; translate strategies into actionable, attainable, and measurable plans
- Participate with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives
- Partners with management and the extended organization to identify operational inefficiencies and propose new business opportunities
- Embrace complex challenges and brings a passion for data and analytics to help transform the division with initiatives that align with our culture of innovation
- Serve as an effective change agent and work cross-functionally across the organization and with suppliers and customers to ensure successful adoption
- 10 to 15 years in supply chain operations with minimum of 5 years in leadership role driving service or supply chain improvements in complex manufacturing environment; strong preference for experience in semiconductor equipment industry or other complex, high-mix, low-volume products
- Experience managing all aspects of advanced supply chain operations, including:
- Supply and demand management effectiveness (upturn and downturns)
- Purchasing, inventory management, and logistics
- Achieving cost reductions
- Process oriented with proven experience turning big data into meaningful analyses that lead to actionable results for supply chain operations
- Strong data and analytical skills and track record for creating predictive systems and processes to improve business performance
- Business acumen; work effectively with Finance on gross margin and P&L improvements
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Proven success in developing, delegating to, and empowering staff
- Motivated by curiosity and continuous improvement
- Change agent experienced proposing and selling new ideas and challenging traditions
- Ability to use data to influence, persuade, and secure buy-in for improvement initiatives
- Ability to work well in a highly matrixed environment
- Experienced working effectively with internal team, customers, and strategic technical suppliers
- Strategic thinker; demonstrated experience in taking objectives and converting them into actionable plans (e.g. cost reductions, etc.)
- Creative, innovative and resourceful with a passion for speed, agility, simplification and proactive action
- Concise and impactful written and verbal communication skills
- Master's Level Degree with at least 6 years of experience.
- OR Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 7 years of experience.
- OR Equivalent Combination of Education and Experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.